MEET THE TEAM
Darren A. Miller
Founder / Senior Attorney
Mr. Miller is the owner and founder of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, as well as an experienced Texas Personal injury lawyer himself.
Attorney Darren Miller received his Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M University in 1992 after which he attended the University of St. Thomas and received a Masters in Business Administration in 1993. Mr Miller was awarded Juris Doctor in 1997 from Texas Southern University’s Thurgood Marshall School of Law.
Darren Miller and Ramesh have been working together for over 10 years. Ramesh has had a varied and challenging legal career within the Personal Injury and Mass Tort arenas.
Ramesh has always practiced, almost exclusively, in the area of Personal Injury. Through his time with the firm, Ramesh and Darren have obtained millions of dollars on behalf of their clients through trial, mediation, and settlements.
Andrew E. Rubenstein
Fighting against injustice is Attorney Andy Rubenstein’s mission, and practicing personal injury law is the way he accomplishes this goal. Formerly a lawyer for insurance companies, Rubenstein left his luxurious lifestyle to pursue a career in personal injury law – a decision that has allowed him the opportunity to protect those individuals who truly need it most. Today, Andy is a prominent Houston attorney at D. Miller & Associates, and he also teaches at the Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming (a position he’s held since 2011).
Backed by his mission to help others, Rubenstein is an active member in the legal community. He “hates bullies” and has invested long hours into advocating for victims in the legal system. As a published author and respected authority in personal injury law, Andrew has earned the prestigious rating of AV® Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®. His published articles can be found in Warrior, a legal journal that issues works about narrative structure, storytelling, and more.
Before earning his Juris Doctorate from the Houston College of Law in 1991, Andy attended both the University of Texas and the University of Houston.
- Trial Lawyers College – 2005
- Houston College of Law, J.D. – 1991
- University of Houston (Radio Television and Film)
- University of Texas (Chemistry)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Appointed to the Civility Matters / Lawyer’s Oath Committee of TEX-ABOTA – 2014
- Appointed to the Diversity Committee of Houston ABOTA – 2015
- Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College, Faculty
- State Bar of Texas District 4F Grievance Committee, 2004-2009 and Committee Chairman, 2004-2005, 2007-2008
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors – 2004-2007
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Bar College
- 18-Wheeler Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Products Liability
- Guillot v. Smith, 998 S.W.2d 630 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 1999, no pet.)
- Connolly v. Smith, 03-03-00575-CV, 2004 WL 1898220 (Tex. App.—Austin Aug. 26, 2004, pet. denied)
- McInnis v. Mallia, 261 S.W.3d 197 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2008, no pet.)
- In re McInnis, 14-09-00491-CV, 2009 WL 1677861 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] June 9, 2009, no pet.)
- Dodd v. Savino, 426 S.W.3d 275 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] 2014, no pet.)
- In re Cheryl Parker, 01-09-00439-CV, 2009 WL 1494679 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] May 29, 2009, no pet.)
- Ching-Chiang Chu v. Fields, 01-08-00417-CV, 2009 WL 40437 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] Jan. 8, 2009, no pet.)
Ben Kemmy represents individuals and families in personal injury and wrongful death cases. Whether these cases involve driving, hospital care, or workplace conditions, Ben focuses on violations of public-safety rules and the resulting harm to his clients.
Ben was born and raised in San Antonio, where his father and three of his brothers practice law. He and his wife live in Houston, where he has made his home since 2010. Ben went to college at Notre Dame and received his law degree from the University of Houston. Before law school, Ben worked in Washington, D.C. at a civil rights firm that specializes in protecting the free exercise of religion.
Ben believes in practicing law the old-fashioned way—by personally investigating, documenting, and presenting his client’s case from start to finish. Holding to that approach, he has had success both in taking clients’ cases to trial and negotiating settlements favorable to them.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2013
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 2007
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Disputes with insurance companies
- 18-wheeler wrecks
- Car wrecks
- Workplace injuries
- Medical patient injuries
- Nursing Home injuries
- Wrongful death claims
- Oil field injuries
- Consumer safety
Sherry Burdick has managed D. Miller & Associates, PLLC over the last 8 years. Throughout her career, she has focused exclusively on managing the day to day operations for the firm. This includes handling firm business as well as all employee related concerns. Ms. Burdick is specifically involved in the direction and management of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Sherry is particularly skilled in the firm’s technology, working with the latest programs and equipment. This know-how has allowed her to effectively manage the multifaceted approach the firm takes when representing our clients.
Personal Injury Manager
Marcela Garcia has been a part of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for over 10 years. She began her career with the Firm as the receptionist. Through hard work and excellent results, Marcela continued to grow and take on more responsibilities. She now currently serves as the Manager of the Personal Injury Department. Marcela has managed and assisted the Firm in many ways. Her extensive background and knowledge allow her to effectively manage the Firm’s voluminous database. Marcela is also specifically proficient with different practice management programs and legal research databases.
Marcela has played a significant role in D. Miller & Associates, PLLC’s growth and success. She is a trusted and valuable member of the D. Miller team. Marcela strives for excellence and is committed to getting the results our clients deserve.