A motorcycle can leave you or a loved one with devastating injuries and even permanent impairments. We are prepared to do whatever it takes to help you and your family with your legal issues during this difficult time in your lives.
You can rely on a motorcycle injury lawyer to talk through your Killeen accident with you and determine how to move forward with any legal claims you have.
What Financial Recovery Can I Receive After a Motorcycle Accident?
The costs of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming compared to other types of motor vehicle accidents. Motorcyclists and their passengers are particularly vulnerable to the impact of accidents, which can lead to severe injuries.
When other parties are responsible for causing your injuries, they should be responsible for the costs of those injuries and related losses.
Some injuries and losses in an accident easily translate into dollars and cents, like medical bills. These losses are called economic losses or damages. We can help you seek economic damages that may include:
- Medical expenses to treat your injuries, whether on an immediate, ongoing, or long-term basis
- Lost income from being unable to work
- Loss of future income or earning capacity if you are unable to return to work at your former job or in your field of expertise
- Loss of benefits if you are no longer able to work
Our attorneys will work to calculate all the income and benefits you may be missing out from your injuries and permanent impairments. These calculations can be complex, as we want to include all potential losses as part of your recovery.
Non-economic injuries do not stem from a bill or concrete financial loss. These damages relate to the trauma of your accident, as well as the severity and permanency of your injuries. Some common examples may include:
- Physical pain and suffering from your injuries
- Mental distress from the trauma of the accident
- Permanent disability, scarring, and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life and regular activities
Since 2002, our lawyers have been working to obtain financial recoveries for clients who have been injured due to negligence in all types of accidents. Our goal is to help you hold negligent parties accountable for injuring you and get financial relief for the losses you likely face.
How Can Your Attorneys Help Me With My Motorcycle Injury Case?
Having a lawyer to represent you in your motorcycle injury case has many benefits. We want you to be able to focus on recovering your accident-related injuries. Your representatives working in Killeen can handle the practical legal matters for you.
If you choose us at your attorneys, we can:
- Stand up to big insurance companies and refuse to allow them to bully you into a low settlement
- Help you make the best choices as we move through every stage of your case
- Navigate through and explain every step of the legal process so you know what to expect
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf, based on the facts of your case
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot reach a reasonable settlement
We have years of experience handling cases just like yours. When you have our experience and knowledge on your side, you may place yourself in a better position to reach a satisfactory result in your case.
Who is Liable for My Motorcycle Accident?
Under Texas law, you can ask for damages through a legal claim against any party responsible for your accident. A liable party could be an individual, a company, or some other type of business entity.
Some commonly liable parties in motorcycle accident cases may include:
- Drivers of cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles
- Other motorcyclists
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Employers of motor vehicle drivers working at the time of the accident
- Towns, cities, and states who fail to maintain roadways
- Companies that manufactured defective motorcycle parts or equipment
If any of these parties are even partially liable for your accident, you have the right to seek damages from them. We will investigate your case carefully to determine the cause of your accident and identify all potentially liable parties. A negligent motorcycle driver might have committed a moving violation, for instance. Lane splitting is illegal in Texas, but that doesn’t stop people from doing it and putting others at risk.
Is There a Deadline for Me to File My Motorcycle Claim By?
You have a specific timeframe in which you can file your motorcycle accident case in court. Missing this deadline can cause you to lose the chance for any financial recovery for your injuries from any liable parties. Generally, Texas law states that you have two years from the date of your accident to pursue a court case for damages.
If you lost a loved one in a similar way to the accident KWTX reported on in January 2021, you would also have two years to take legal action under the same law.
What Should I Do Next?
After your motorcycle accident, you likely received immediate or emergency medical care. However, you should take some further steps to protect your rights and get help with your legal claims, as follows:
- Continue to get medical care and treatment as needed for your injuries.
- Avoid talking to the insurance company, as they may attempt to use your statements against you to deny your claim.
- Refuse to sign anything that the insurance company or their lawyer provides you.
- Seek the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible after your accident.
Taking these steps can help ensure you meet all legal deadlines in your case. We can also work to get a reasonable settlement in your case, based on your circumstances.
Our Firm Can Guide You With a Consultation
After a motorcycle accident has injured you, you might be unsure where to start. We recommend that you start with a free, no-risk consultation with our motorcycle accident lawyers. Our team can answer your questions about the value of a spinal cord injury or how long it could take to secure a settlement for a lost limb in Killeen.
You can tell us your story, and we can help you understand your options for legal relief. This process allows you to make the right decision for yourself based on your unique circumstances.
Call Our Motorcycle Accident Law Firm For Help With Your Legal Case
You can contact us for a case evaluation today. Learn more about your rights after you have suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Happens When You Get in a Car Accident With No Insurance in Texas?
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?