Auto accidents can cause serious personal injury and even result in wrongful death which is why you need a skilled car accident lawyer. Every car accident lawyer at the personal injury law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has extensive experience in auto accident cases. We are prepared to fight for your rights as a result of auto accidents. Our attorneys fight the insurance company for YOU, we have decades of experience in personal injury cases and we can help you get results.
Personal Injury and Death Rate Statistics for Auto Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, almost 3,000 people died because of vehicular accidents in 2013. In these same accidents over 200,000 people suffered personal injury. The estimated economic loss as a result of these auto accidents is $25,700,000,000.
Based on reportable crashes in 2013:
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 36 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 16 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds
The leading cause of death from age 4 through 33 is an automobile accident. In almost 90% of traffic fatalities, vehicle occupants were the auto accident victims. Thirteen percent of fatalities in auto accidents were pedestrians, bicyclists and other non-occupants. If you were injured or have damages because of a car accident, call us today. We can help get you the settlement you deserve.
Statistics of Alcohol Related Auto Accidents
In 2010, over 1.075 people were killed as a result of auto accidents in which the driver was under the influence of alcohol. This means that 35.6% of those killed in auto accidents lost their lives as a result of drunk driving.
Drunk drivers must be stopped! If you have suffered personal injury because of the carelessness and negligence of a drunk driver, contact one of our personal injury lawyers experienced in drunk driving cases today!
18 Wheeler Accidents
18 wheeler accidents are 50% more likely to result in death than standard car accidents. Shockingly, there are 2.6 large truck accident deaths for every 100 million miles traveled. When taking into consideration the size of an 18 wheeler, roughly 10,000 pounds, it’s no wonder that they are deadly at just about all speeds.
Furthermore, a semi truck is involved in one out of every nine traffic accidents. Even worse, 94% of those accidents will leave the victims of the crash with serious personal injuries or even wrongful death.
Since a 18 wheeler is so much heavier and larger than a standard personal vehicle, it’s easy to see how damaging these trucks can be. The economic incentives in the trucking industry also weigh in on the problem. Semi drivers often leave the scene of an accident unharmed, while the driver and passengers of the other standard-size car involved might suffer serious personal injury or even wrongful death. If you have been the victim of such a crash, finding a good 18 wheeler accident lawyer is the key to getting you the compensation you deserve.
In 2010, data from the Texas Department of Transportation show that there were 429 motorcyclists and their passengers killed in the state of Texas. Fifty-six of the motorcyclists killed were not wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
We Can Help if You Have Been in an Accident
If you have suffered a personal injury or property damage as a result of an accident, you need to protect your rights. Contact our personal injury legal team as soon as possible for a free evaluation. We can help you with your insurance claim and any legal issues if needed. We will handle your case aggressively, and you pay absolutely nothing unless we reach a successful settlement or verdict. Finding the right accident lawyer is the most important step to getting the right compensation.
Anatomy of Motor Vehicle Accidents Cases:
- After your motor accident, you will have an initial consultation with an attorney to obtain relevant information; identify target defendant(s); verification of insurance coverage; notice letters to be sent to target defendant and their insurance company; further investigation initiated; and property damage issues resolved.
- Client begins medical treatment while case manager diligently obtains medical and loss of earnings data.
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Case Manager obtains relevant information concerning insurance policy limits; reviews the auto accident investigation results and gets status report on medical care and further diagnostics needed, if any.
- Once medical treatment has been concluded, case manager gathers all medical reports, billing records and narrative reports from attending physician(s) in order to ascertain amount of demand that should be made to the insurance company.
- The Managing Attorney then meets with client to discuss amount of demand to be made to insurance company. Attorney and Managing Attorney meet and prepare demand letter for transmission to insurance company.
- Insurance company is given two weeks to respond to initial demand. Managing Attorney begins negotiation process in effort to have case settled expeditiously but with a goal of maximizing recovery for client.
- If client is not agreeable to settlement offer from insurance company, the case is presented to the Litigation Review Committee. A Litigating Attorney at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC reviews the file and meets with the Case Manager and Managing Attorney to discuss litigation strategy, if necessary. When no resolution/settlement is forthcoming, then Client and Managing Attorney meet to discuss possible pending litigation. If you have suffered injury or property damage because of a vehicular accident, please let us know the details of your case by calling or contacting us as soon as possible.
Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Call the law firm that’s been widely recognized as one of Houston’s top personal injury law firms. Your phone call and consultation are free and you pay nothing unless you win.
If you have been injured you may be entitled to compensation but time is running out, you must act fast. Your case could be subject to the statute of limitations, so act now!
Our team of professionals will do whatever it takes to stand up for your rights. Fill out our FREE initial consultation form on this page or call 855-776-5299 today.