A herniated disc lawyer in Houston, TX can help you pursue financial recovery if someone’s negligence caused you or a family member to suffer a spinal injury. Depending on the circumstances that led to your injury, a lawyer with our firm may file an insurance claim against the liable party. You also have the right to seek justice with a personal injury lawsuit.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is committed to helping injured and disabled people obtain their rightful recovery. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Symptoms of a Herniated Disc
Herniated discs may occur at any point along the vertebrae. Symptoms depend on the location and severity of the ruptured disc.
Herniated discs in the lower back produce symptoms such as:
- Sciatica pain (pain in the buttocks, legs, and feet)
- Tingling and/or numbness in the legs
- Muscle weakness
If the herniated disc is in the mid-back area, symptoms may include:
- Lower or upper back pain
- Weakness or numbness in one or both legs
- Pain in the abdomen
Symptoms of a herniated disc in the neck include:
- Muscle spasms
- Radiating pain down the shoulders, arms, and sides of the neck
- Neck pain that intensifies with movement
Chronic pain from a herniated disc can prevent you from getting a good night’s rest, going to work, or even spending quality time with your family. It can be a debilitating medical condition that causes you physical, emotional, and financial damage.
A herniated disc lawyer in Houston, TX will evaluate your case to determine if you could pursue recovery from the liable party. To learn more about the legal options available to you, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Types of Personal Injury That Contribute to Herniated Discs
Any type of violent twist, force, or trauma may cause a disc in the spine to rupture. Herniated discs can be caused by one of the following:
- Motor vehicle accident including car, truck, bicycle, motorcycle, pedestrian, and moped
- Slip and fall accident
- Workplace injury (especially if you must lift or carry heavy objects)
- Premises liability
If someone’s negligence caused you to suffer from a herniated disc, you could recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Learn about your legal options with a free case evaluation from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Call (713) 850-8600.
Complications and Treatment of Herniated Discs
A herniated disc may lead to complications. This can occur if the herniated disc presses against the nerve roots found just below your waist. If this happens, you may need emergency surgery to prevent paralysis or permanent muscle weakness.
According to some medical professionals, you can treat a herniated disc in the following ways:
- Alternating ice and heat
- Over-the-counter pain medicine
- Physical therapy
- Prescription muscle relaxers
- Cortisone injections to reduce inflammation
Back surgery is a complex and expensive procedure. Even conservative treatment comes with significant costs that can bankrupt a family. You may not need to cover the costs on your own. If another party caused your injuries, you should go after the financial recovery you deserve. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Herniated Disc Lawyer Helps You Pursue Recovery
A herniated disc injury disrupts your life. You may not be able to work, go to school, take care of your kids, or even get out of bed without constant, chronic pain. If your ruptured disc was someone else’s fault, a herniated disc lawyer in Houston, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue financial recovery.
There are a few factors that we must prove to be successful in a personal injury case:
- Did the defendant owe you a duty of care? For example, all drivers owe a duty to drive safely.
- Was this duty of care breached in some way? The driver was texting while driving.
- Did this negligence cause your injuries? The driver rear-ended you and caused you to suffer a herniated disc.
- Do you have medical bills and other damages from your injuries? You suffered medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If we are able to establish the points above, you could be entitled to a recovery for damages that may include:
- Medical bills including physical therapy, prescription medicine, and surgery
- Loss of current and forthcoming wages
- Lifecare or domestic services
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Call Today to Avoid Losing Potential Recovery
You generally only have two years from the date of the accident that caused your injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in Texas in accordance with Texas statute Ch. 16. The court will likely dismiss any complaint made after the statute of limitations has run out. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Our herniated disc lawyers work on a contingency basis only. Call today: (713) 850-8600.