After a motorcycle accident, you are likely suffering serious injuries and wondering how to pay your bills and support your family. If another party caused your accident, you can hold him liable for your accident. Unfortunately, this is rarely as easy or straightforward as it should be.
But you do not need to handle this alone. Let a motorcycle accident in Katy at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC take the reins. We will handle your case from start to finish, protecting you and your claim from greedy insurers. Call us today: 713-850-8600.
What Can I Recover in a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
If someone else caused your accident, you can file a claim to get money for injuries and damages. You can recover compensation for:
- Your medical bills (both current and future)
- Scars and disfigurement
- Lost wages, if you missed work because of injuries
- Damages to your vehicle
- Loss of future income if you will continue to miss work or can never return
- Effect of your injuries on your future
- Pain and suffering
A lawyer will help you determine the value of your claim. If you need medical experts to explain how your injuries affect your life, we can connect you to them.
CAUTION: You only have two years to file a claim in Texas. If you fail to do so within this allotted time, you forfeit your right to compensation.
Do I Have to Hire a Lawyer?
There is no legal requirement to hire a lawyer. You can negotiate with the insurance company and even go to court without a lawyer. But handling your claim is difficult without in-depth knowledge of negligence laws and experience with accident claims. Do you know enough about the claims process or filing a lawsuit to do this on your own?
Without a lawyer, you will also have to gather evidence yourself. This includes:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Pictures of the accident scene
- Surveillance video
- Your medical bills
- Medical records
- Medical testimony on how your injuries will affect you in the future
- Expert witness statements or testimony, if needed
- Proof of lost wages due to injuries
- Estimated future loss of income due to injuries
- Any miscellaneous costs, such as renovating your home to accommodate your disability
And you need to do this quickly. As time passes, witnesses may move away or not remember the details of your accident.
Do you know yet if your injuries will require future surgeries or treatment? Do you know if your injuries are permanent? What kind of care will you need in the future? If you will need daily care, how much will it cost and how will you pay for it?
How much income have you already lost from missing work due to injuries? Will you be able to go back to work? Will you be able to do the same job?
If you do not know the answers to these questions, you could miss out of tens of thousands of dollars. All these costs factor into the settlement you will receive.
As if that is not enough responsibility to shoulder while recovering from your serious injuries, you will also need to deal with the insurance company. Dealing with the other party’s insurer can be tricky. Its goal is to pay out as little as possible. It will likely attempt to trick you into admitting fault or accepting a low settlement.
And it does not end there. You will also likely need to negotiate to get the settlement you deserve.
You may know how to do all these things on your own. But if you have serious injuries, you may not be well enough to handle your own claim. Having the added stress of dealing with your claim may keep you from focusing on healing.
You Do Not Have to Face the Insurance Companies Alone. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Today
- Miller & Associates can help you. Your Managing Attorney and accident team will work hard to get you or your loved ones the maximum payment allowed. Put our skill and experience to work for you and protect your legal rights.
We will take over your case, gather evidence, negotiate with the insurance company, and, if needed, prepare your case for trial. We know the tricks insurance adjusters try to pull — like claiming your injuries were pre-existing — and will protect your rights. We can determine what your claim is worth, and fight for the highest possible settlement.
Call us now at 713-850-8600 to get your free consultation. We will answer your questions and give you the guidance you need. You do not pay any legal fees unless we get you a settlement or win your lawsuit.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- Is It Always Your Fault If You Rear End Someone In Texas?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?
- Can I Sue If My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?