Brain injury may occur as a result of a traumatic accident such as a car accident or an accident at work. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, a traumatic brain injury lawyer in League City at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
Our law firm offers legal services for victims of traumatic brain injury and those who have lost loved ones. To schedule an initial consultation, contact our law office today at 713-850-8600.
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries That May Warrant Legal Action
- Slip and Fall Accidents. When you slip and fall on someone else’s residential or commercial property, the property owner may be liable for your accident. We may need to pursue a premises liability case.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: You may be the victim of driver negligence. Driver negligence examples include distracted driving, DUI, speeding, or incorrect lane shifts. You may have also been a pedestrian struck by a driver.
- Sports: You may have been injured by a competing athlete or equipment while playing sports. Sports injuries are common in full-contact and racing sports such as wrestling, football, cycling, motor racing, baseball, and skiing. Many of these sports cause concussions. Therefore, if you suffered a concussion or head injury and another party was negligent, we recommend visiting our law office to discuss whether you have a case.
- Workplace Injuries: Your traumatic brain injury may have occurred due to poor working conditions or faulty equipment. If so, a third party may be liable for your damages. Some possible causes of workplace brain injuries include exposure to toxic chemicals/materials, defective equipment, work neglect, and accidents on construction sites.
Understanding the Texas Statute of Limitations on Injuries
The state of Texas statute of limitations on claiming personal injuries is two years. Translation: you only have two years to file a lawsuit.
But the full extent of a brain injury may not be fully evident until more than two years after the initial trauma. In such cases, you may be able to file a lawsuit more than two years after the accident under the discovery rule. This is more common if the full extent of the injuries is unclear or if the cause of the brain injury is unknown.
Call our law offices for a free consultation about a brain injury you suffered in an accident in League City: 713-850-8600.
What Compensation Can You Seek After a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A traumatic brain injury is a life-altering experience that can produce short and long-term financial, physical, and emotional consequences. You’ve likely experienced the following:
- Emergency Medical Care: A visit to the ER, followed by surgery, and intensive care.
- Extended Medical Care: Recovery time including hospitalization, therapy, and medication. If you are permanently disabled, you may have incurred home care expenses to accommodate your disability.
- Lost Wages: You may be indefinitely unable to go back to work. You may have lost or will lose thousands of dollars in pay and benefits.
- Property Damages: If you were in a car accident, your vehicle might be totaled or in need of extensive repair.
- Pain and Suffering: You may be entitled to compensation that accounts for your emotional pain and suffering.
Our law firm can help you pursue compensation for all these damages, and others you may have experienced. We can guide you through the legal process, help you file your claim, and establish that someone else was at fault for your injuries, and therefore liable for your damages. Call us at 713-850-8600.
Acquiring Expert Testimony for a TBI Case
One of the critical elements to recovering compensation for your expenses and losses after a head injury is acquiring testimony from qualified experts. An expert’s testimony can help solidify your case. We will seek out experts with knowledge of the following:
- Long-Term Medical Expenses: An expert witness can project how much your ongoing medical care will cost. This information is essential, as the compensation you recover in your lawsuit can help you cover these costs.
- Accident Review: Emergency medical teams, law enforcement, and other witnesses were at the scene of the accident. They can provide testimony to establish who was at fault and how the accident happened. This could speak to liability.
- Your Financial Situation: Since a head trauma is likely to affect your economic situation, experts can provide information that will help demonstrate how much money you’ve lost in wages and expenses due to the accident, and how much you will lose in the future.
- Medical Specialists: We will seek testimony from qualified medical specialists who are working directly with you. Their testimony is valuable to your case because it speaks to the medical and physical limitations and effects related to the TBI.
Contact a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in League City
As your legal representatives, we will engage with insurance companies, liable parties, medical professionals, and the legal system to help protect your rights. We understand how complicated the litigation process is. Thus, we will be compassionate and sensitive to your situation. Your protection, compensation, and legal rights are our top priority.
If you or a family member is a victim of a traumatic brain injury, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you through this challenging time. Get a free, no-obligation consultation from a traumatic brain injury lawyer in League City who can answer your questions.
To schedule a case evaluation, call us at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Know If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Medical Device?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Can You Recover Money for Lost Earnings After a Car Accident?
- I Was Injured While Riding As A Passenger On A Bus, Who Can I Sue?