As 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers, some of the worst injuries we have seen are from a collision between one of these huge trucks and a standard vehicle. It is all too common for the car’s driver and occupants to be severely injured or lose their lives.
After this type of accident, you want a lawyer who will accurately assess your injuries and damages. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600. We offer free case evaluations and we are available to meet you. If you are not able to meet at our office, we can arrange to meet with you.
Why You Should Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Brookshire, TX Right Away
Commercial trucking companies and their drivers must obey federal regulations that are designed to reduce potential accidents. Unfortunately, some employers and drivers cut corners to be more profitable. They might exceed cargo weight limits or encourage drivers to ignore mandatory rest periods. If a company is that unscrupulous, imagine how difficult it could be for you to obtain financial recovery from the company or their insurance carrier.
That is why you should call an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. We strongly recommend against speaking with the truck company’s insurance adjuster until a lawyer reviews your case for these reasons:
- The insurance company may try to pressure you into making a rushed decision and accept a settlement that is inadequate given your injuries and damages.
- Most insurance settlements require you to remain silent about the terms and conditions, which means that the company does not have to admit liability or wrongdoing.
- Most people do not have a strong enough knowledge of liability laws to fully protect their rights.
- Many oversized truck accidents result in severe injury; you should have the time to recuperate and feel better without the stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
- You may say something that jeopardizes your right to compensation.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. We will protect your rights and seek financial recovery on your behalf. Call (713) 850-8600.
How an 18-Wheeler Lawyer May Obtain Financial Recovery on Your Behalf
It is rare that an accident between a gigantic commercial semi truck and a car will be a minor collision. It is far more likely that you could be injured and unable to work while you recuperate. If this happens to you, how will you pay your medical bills and rent?
It is your legal right to pursue recovery from a careless driver who caused you injury and monetary loss. According to Texas codes, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We have helped clients in similar situations recover damages that include:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Hospitalization including surgery, recovery, and doctor’s visits
- Rehabilitative therapy and treatment if necessary
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage including temporary transportation and car repair or replacement
An 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Brookshire, TX lawyer from our firm will pursue the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive. Please call (713) 850-8600 today for a free case evaluation.
How a Lawyer Shows a Defendant Is Liable for Your Injuries and Damages
Most of the time, a careless driver will not admit that they caused the accident. That is why you should have an 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer act on your behalf. A lawyer from our firm will carefully examine the evidence (photos and videos, eyewitness testimony, police reports, etc.) to determine liability.
We will establish the following to prove liability:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to obey federal trucking regulations and take reasonable measures to avoid the accident
- The driver breached this duty of care for some reason (for example, improper tire inflation or drowsy driving)
- This intentional or reckless action caused you to be injured and accrue damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue recovery on your behalf on a contingency basis. If we are unable to reach an acceptable settlement, you have the right to seek recovery in court.
Consult a Lawyer Who Has Helped Other Truck Accident Plaintiffs
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless people who are injured or disabled because of someone’s negligence.
Our lawyers are familiar with many types of truck and motor vehicle accident cases, including:
- Head-on and rear-end collisions
- Jackknife and/or spilled cargo
- Defective parts or repairs
- Large commercial trucks and trailers
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving with injuries
We also handle:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped, bicycle, and scooter accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
Our Team Stands Up to the Insurance Companies and Other Lawyers
After an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, the defendant’s insurance company or lawyer may try to deny responsibility for your injuries and expenses. An 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Brookshire, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is familiar with these tactics and will not back down from getting you the recovery you deserve.
Protect your rights with legal representation from an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- What Kind of Lawyer Do You Need for A Dog Bite Injury in Texas?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What Are Your Legal Options After a Bus Accident In Texas?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?