According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were more than 2,600 reported bicycle accidents in 2017. If you were injured in a bicycle accident and now have medical bills and other expenses, you could qualify for financial recovery.
A bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will evaluate your case for free to see if you are entitled to recover damages. These damages may include emergency room fees, doctor’s appointments, or lost pay. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
What a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Channelview Can Do for You
Channelview has many beautiful places for bicyclists. However, a careless driver can transform a leisurely bike ride into a trip to the emergency room. If you were injured in a bicycle accident caused by another person’s reckless behavior, you could qualify for financial recovery.
Most people do not have the experience and knowledge of liability laws to fully protect their rights. You also have a limited time to submit an insurance claim against the responsible party or file a personal injury lawsuit. A bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can help you recover damages if you qualify.
Potential Recovery for Your Injuries and Damages
Under Texas law, an injured person (known as a plaintiff) may pursue financial recovery for damages related to a bicycle accident. These are called compensatory damages and include special and general damages.
Special damages are items with specific amounts, such as medical bills. General damages refer to pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and other legitimate but less tangible losses. Each case is unique, but a typical bicycle accident claim might include:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing treatment
- Lost wages
- Bicycle repair or replacement
- Reduced earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
Texas statutes allow plaintiffs two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Call a bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX for a free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Channelview Could Get You Financial Recovery
A bicycle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the resources to determine if you are eligible to receive a recovery. He or she will assess your case to determine which party bears the primary responsibility for the accident.
Please keep in mind that it is your legal right to pursue recovery of damages regardless of any criminal charges brought against the driver.
How a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Determines Who Is Liable
There are a few indicators of liability in a bicycle accident with injuries:
- All licensed drivers have a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid a collision.
- The driver breached this duty of care in some way (for example, by speeding) and caused the accident.
- You suffered bodily injuries and property damage from the accident.
- You now have damages in the form of medical bills, bicycle repair, and other financial losses.
A bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview will pursue recovery if you qualify. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will handle all necessary aspects of your case including:
- Review of police records, witness statements, photographs of the accident and your damaged property.
- Request video from red-light cameras or other closed-circuit cameras that might show the accident.
- Evaluate the other party’s statement.
- Assess your medical records including future health issues because of the accident.
- Submit necessary documents to the insurance company on your behalf.
- Negotiate an acceptable settlement.
You deserve to know your legal options. A bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview can tell you if you qualify to recover damages and will pursue them from the responsible party. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
It Is Unlikely That You Will Need to Go to Court
Sometimes a victim is reluctant to contact a bicycle accident lawyer out of fear that it requires going to court. In many cases, a bicycle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can obtain financial recovery for clients by filing a claim against the liable party’s auto insurance coverage.
Motor vehicle drivers in Texas must carry automobile insurance that includes injury and liability coverage. This coverage will be the first source for potential recovery. Please keep in mind that a bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview is an experienced negotiator who will work to recover compensatory damages.
Let Us Seek Financial Recovery While You Get Better
You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating. You also could unknowingly jeopardize your claim if you are not familiar with insurance claims. Let a bicycle accident lawyer in Channelview pursue recovery on your behalf. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC works on a contingency basis only.
It is our experience that insurance companies try to pay as little as possible on legitimate claims. Their tactics include:
- Make an inadequate or rushed investigation of your injuries or damages.
- Delay your claim for an unreasonable amount of time.
- Attempt to blame you for part or all the accident.
Please do not take chances with recovering damages for medical bills and other expenses. Call today for a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Be a Safe and Considerate Bicyclist
Bicyclists must obey the rules of the road. Make sure you stay in designated bike lanes or if there are none, on the far-right side of the road. A properly fitted bicycle helmet reduces your chance of serious head injury.
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident in Channelview, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- 18-Wheeler & Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in Pasadena, TX
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- Are Trucking Companies Required By Texas Law To Have Full Coverage Insurance?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?