Unfortunately, Texas has one of the highest rates of pedestrian accidents in the nation for injury or loss of life. If you were hit by a car or other vehicle, you understand that these injuries are painful and expensive. That is why you should consult a pedestrian accident lawyer in Channelview, TX. You could qualify for financial recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
You Have Rights as a Pedestrian Accident Victim
Licensed drivers of cars, trucks, buses, and motorcycles have an obligation to be watchful around pedestrians. They must pay extra attention when there are children who may not look both ways before crossing a street. Senior citizens or physically challenged pedestrians may need more time to cross an intersection safely.
If you or a loved one were injured in a pedestrian accident, you have the right to seek financial recovery from the liable party. If you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you may also be eligible to recover damages as a surviving family member.
You should know your legal options in a pedestrian accident. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Channelview, TX, please call (713) 850-8600.
You Could Qualify for Financial Recovery
You could be entitled to recover damages for medical bills and other expenses. Pedestrian accidents often result in severe injuries that need immediate medical attention. Even if you think you were not badly hurt, it is important to see a medical professional who can document your injuries.
Some of the Most Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries Include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Skull fractures, contusions, or concussions
- Spine and neck injury
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Facial and dental fractures
- Ruptured organs
- Internal bleeding
These are the physical injuries from a pedestrian accident. It is common for victims to experience emotional distress in the form of depression and anxiety.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer’s Recommendations After Your Accident
A pedestrian accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can determine if you qualify for recovery. You can help your lawyer by following these recommended actions:
- Keep all medical bills and related expenses, even if you cannot pay them yet.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for physical therapy, prescriptions, and follow-up care.
- Write or record a detailed account of the accident while your memory is fresh.
- Do not post about your accident on social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter, as this could jeopardize your financial recovery.
- Discuss your accident only with your pedestrian accident lawyer.
A pedestrian accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will help you pursue financial recovery if you qualify. You can start this process by calling D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Please call (713) 850-8600.
A Lawyer From Our Firm Will Seek Recovery if You Qualify
Licensed drivers in Texas must carry auto insurance with personal injury coverage. A pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm can file a claim with this insurance coverage to get you financial recovery of expenses such as:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Ongoing medical care
- Lost pay
- Reduced pay because you cannot work at the same level or performance due to the accident
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
Each case is different, and you may have other expenses that your lawyer can include in your claim. That is why you should keep all bills, receipts, credit card charges, canceled checks, and pay stubs as proof of your financial damages.
How a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Proves Liability
A pedestrian accident lawyer in Channelview can determine if a driver is responsible for the accident and your ensuing injuries and damages.
A pedestrian accident lawyer will consider the following when proving liability:
- The driver had a duty of care to obey the rules of the road and take reasonable measures to avoid the accident
- The driver breached this duty of care (for example, by speeding or driving while intoxicated).
- This negligence led to the accident and your injuries.
- These injuries resulted in damages such as medical bills, pain and suffering, lost pay, and other losses.
Texas liability statutes can be challenging if you are not familiar with the law. The good news is that you do not have to study to seek financial recovery for your injuries and damages. A pedestrian accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will file a claim for you and deal with the insurance adjuster. This allows you to rest and recuperate from your injuries.
For a free case evaluation with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Channelview, please call (713) 850-8600.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Can Take Your Case to Trial if Necessary
A pedestrian accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is generally able to negotiate a fair insurance settlement. If not, your lawyer can take your case to court. You only have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit in Texas.
Since 2002 D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured, and disabled people obtain financial recovery from personal injuries and accidents. Our entire team is committed to helping you recover damages for medical bills and other expenses.
Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Channelview, TX.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?