1.7 million Americans suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI) each year. These catastrophic injuries can be affected by the huge physical, emotional, and financial burden of life care and medical costs.
If you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury because of someone’s negligence, you could recover for your damages. A traumatic brain injury lawyer in Galveston can explain your legal options and if you might qualify for a financial recovery. For a free case evaluation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Galveston from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
Seek Medical Attention Right Away if You Suspect TBI
Traumatic brain injuries are caused by a blow, bump, or jolt to the head that disrupts the normal function of the brain. Falls are a leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other common causes of TBI include:
- Car, truck, motorcycle, bus, moped, or pedestrian accidents
- Sports or recreation accidents
- Acts of violence
- Construction or workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
Typical symptoms of traumatic brain injury may include:
- Headache that worsens or does not go away
- Neck pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Repeated nausea or vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Dilated pupils
- Convulsions or seizures
- Weakness or numbness in the arms and legs
- Inability to awaken from sleep
Do not take risks with any head injury. After you have received medical care, call a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Galveston. You could be entitled to recover damages from the liable party. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
A Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Can Help TBI Victims and Their Families
The projected lifecare costs for a traumatic brain injury can be as high as $3 million, according to Northwestern University. A traumatic brain injury lawyer in Galveston will pursue your claim to ease this financial burden. TBI victims who receive proper treatment are more likely to have positive outcomes. They might be able to resume a normal if limited, life.
Even Moderate Brain Injuries Can Require Long-term Care
A moderate to severe traumatic brain injury can result in prolonged or permanent changes to a person’s physical, emotional, and cognitive health. More than 5.3 million children and adults in the U.S. live with a lifelong disability because of brain injury. Severe injuries can lead to coma, vegetative state, and brain death.
Other effects of traumatic brain injuries that need ongoing care include:
- Vertigo and/or dizziness
- Nerve damage
- Communication and language complications
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Disrupted or impaired vision and hearing
A traumatic brain injury lawyer from our firm will pursue compensation for recoverable damages such as:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Doctor bills
- Hospitalization and skilled nursing care
- Lost wages
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
It is important that you understand your rights, including available compensation. Please call our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Galveston for a free case evaluation. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Wrongful Death Claims From TBI
Traumatic brain injuries are the leading cause of death for people age 45 and younger. If you lost a loved one from a traumatic brain injury, please accept our condolences. A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit within two years from the date of injury. Surviving family members could recover compensation for lost income, pain and suffering, and other losses.
How a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Galveston Proves Liability
Traumatic brain injuries do not just happen. It is our experience as traumatic brain injury lawyers have shown that these injuries are the result of behavior. To show that you qualify for compensation, a lawyer will need to prove liability.
The basic indicators of whether someone is liable for damages are:
- The defendant had a duty of care to act safely, legally, and responsibly.
- The defendant breached this duty of care for some reason.
- The plaintiff suffered bodily injury and/or property damage.
- The plaintiff has physical, emotional, and financial damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
It is likely that a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Galveston will seek a recovery from the defendant’s insurance coverage. Depending on your circumstances, this coverage could be auto, property, personal liability, or medical malpractice insurance. You deserve to know if you can recover compensation. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
More Than One Liable Party for Potential Compensation
A traumatic brain injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine the circumstances that led to the injury and determine if there is more than one form of liability.
Understanding the Three Kinds of Liability:
- Direct liability is the person or party responsible for the accident.
- Vicarious liability is a person or party who is liable through a specific relationship.
- Respondeat superior can hold an employer responsible for an employee.
For example, if you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury from a drunk driver, you could file a personal injury claim with the driver’s auto insurance coverage. If this driver was using a company car, it is possible that his or her employer could also be held accountable.
Many factors go into pursuing compensation for a traumatic brain injury. Fortunately, our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Galveston have handled many of these cases. We have recovered compensation for injured and disabled men and women in Galveston and throughout Texas. We will do our best to recover compensation for you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a Free Case Evaluation
Please call (713) 850-8600 to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- What Are Slip and Fall Injury Cases Worth in Texas?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?