Bus accidents are among the worst type of motor vehicle collision. Their massive weight and length contribute to the most severe injuries and a greater likelihood of loss of life.
If you were hurt in a bus accident and now have medical bills and other expenses, you could be entitled to compensation. For a free case evaluation with a bus accident lawyer in Galveston, TX, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Call a Bus Accident Lawyer in Galveston
If you are suffering from bus accident injuries caused by someone’s negligence, you could recover compensation for medical bills, lost income, and other expenses. You could try to seek this compensation on your own, but please consider the following:
- You might be recuperating from injuries at home or in the hospital and are not feeling well enough to tackle an insurance claim.
- You could be taking prescription drugs that make you sleepy or unfocused.
- You are angry and frustrated (rightfully so) about the accident so you may not be able to consider the situation calmly.
- You probably have never had to deal with an insurance adjuster before.
- You most likely do not know about Texas liability laws, the statute of limitations, and other pertinent information.
These are our recommendations why you should consult with a bus accident lawyer in Galveston, TX. Perhaps the strongest reason is this: it costs you nothing. Our bus accident lawyers will evaluate your case for free. This lets you make an informed decision about your legal options and the best course of action for you. If we represent you, it is on a contingency fee basis.
You have nothing to lose and potential compensation to recover. To schedule your free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
How a Bus Accident Lawyer in Galveston Helps You Recover Damages
Our firm has the staff and resources to help you recover compensation if you qualify. We will pursue compensatory damages on your behalf. You do not have to deal with the other party’s insurance adjuster. A bus accident lawyer from our firm will keep you posted on your claim’s progress. This allows you to concentrate on getting well and back to your normal routine.
Our Bus Accident Lawyers Are Familiar With Many Kinds of Collisions
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many types of bus accidents and the innocent people who are hurt because of them:
- City, school, and municipal buses
- Private buses and motor coaches
- Injured motorists, pedestrians, bikers, bicycle riders, moped, and scooter operators, and passengers
- Rear-end, roll-over, and head-on accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accident injuries
To schedule a free case evaluation about your bus accident, please call (713) 850-8600.
Our Lawyers Find Out What Happened and Who Is Responsible
Discovering the cause of the accident is part of how we determine who is responsible. Sometimes there is more than one factor that leads to a bus accident. We will evaluate your injuries, expenses, and other aspects of the collision that may include:
- Police accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photographs and/or videos of the accident site including skid marks, road debris, and damaged vehicles
- Any relevant police information, such as results from roadside sobriety tests
- Reconstruction of the accident if appropriate
- Consult with your healthcare provider to fully evaluate your injuries and prognosis
Why Responsibility Matters in a Bus Accident
Under Texas law, you have the right to pursue compensation if someone else is primarily responsible for a bus accident or other type of personal injury. This includes compensatory damages that are typical of most bus accidents, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced or lost earning ability
- Property damage
- Car repair, rental, or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Mental anguish
We believe that the liable party should be held accountable. You did not cause the accident and your subsequent injuries and expenses. You deserve to pursue compensation that is entitled to you. Please call our bus accident lawyers in Galveston, TX for your free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 or click here.
Tens of Thousands of Americans Are Injured in Bus Accidents Each Year
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were 16,000 bus accidents with injuries nationwide in 2016. There were also fatal bus accidents, including the loss of eight lives when a charter bus rolled over in Laredo in May of 2016.
It is not surprising that bus accidents cause life-threatening injuries. A fully loaded transit bus weighs up to 44,000 pounds. That is more than ten times the weight of most passenger cars. Motorists are not the only victims in a bus accident. Federal seatbelt laws do not apply to most buses, including school buses. Bus passengers can sustain head and neck injuries and other trauma from being unrestrained.
Common Factors in Bus Accidents
According to a 2010 safety study for the Florida Department of Transportation of transit bus accidents, the most common causes of these collisions include:
- Alcohol or drug use
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Interior distractions (for example, loud and crowded bus)
- Exterior distractions (for example, roadwork)
- Mechanical failure
- Insufficient training and/or supervision
We Invite You to Call Our Bus Accident Lawyers in Galveston
If you were injured in a bus accident, you deserve to know what kind of compensation you could potentially recover. Please call our bus accident lawyers in Galveston for a free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- What Is the Free Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?