If you were injured or lost a loved one in an Uber or Lyft accident in Galveston, TX we can help. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC handles Uber and Lyft claims. Our Uber & Lyft accident lawyers in Galveston, TX will pursue the compensation you could be entitled to receive. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
What To Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Galveston are here to help anyone injured in these types of collisions, including:
Our firm accepts Uber and Lyft accident cases for people involved in a ride-sharing accident, including:
- Motorcycle riders
- Moped and bicycle riders
- Uber and Lyft drivers
We urge you to get medical care if you have not already. It can be dangerous to delay seeing a healthcare provider. Some injuries do not have symptoms for several hours after the accident. If you have seen your doctor, please follow his or her recommendations.
Other Actions We Recommend
- Take pictures of your damaged car and/or property
- Write or record a detailed account of the accident
- Keep all medical bills, X-rays, and other healthcare evidence
- Avoid discussing the accident on social media
- Direct all communication or correspondence from the insurance company to an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer
You do not want to discuss your accident on social media or with the adjuster because you might inadvertently jeopardize your claim. It is best to leave all communication and negotiation with an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer in Galveston, TX from D. Miller & Associates. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Seeking Compensation in an Uber or Lyft Accident
Companies like Uber and Lyft must carry $1 million injury insurance. The $1 million in insurance coverage begins at the time the driver accepts your ride request until the driver completes the transaction on the app or the ride is complete, whichever comes last.
It is likely that you could seek compensation from this insurance if you were injured as an Uber or Lyft passenger. If you were not a passenger, or the Uber or Lyft driver was not “on the app”, you would seek compensation from the driver’s personal automobile insurance.
Proving That You Are Eligible for Compensation
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has recovered a significant amount of compensation for our clients through insurance settlements and courtroom verdicts. While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer from our firm will vigorously pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive.
Our team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators pursue compensation through a proven process that may include:
- Review police reports, witness statements, and available photos or videos.
- Reconstruct the accident if necessary.
- Evaluate the driver’s safety and driving record.
- Collect and make copies of your medical bills and other accident-related expenses.
- Ask your healthcare provider about your prognosis (if you will fully recover or if you have long-term health issues).
- Communicate and negotiate with the insurance adjuster to reach an acceptable settlement.
Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If we cannot reach an acceptable settlement, you have the choice of going to trial. For a free case evaluation with an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Galveston, please call (713) 850-8600.
Typical Categories of Compensation in an Uber or Lyft Accident
Depending on the severity of your injuries, an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Galveston may seek damages that include:
- Medical bills, including ongoing therapy and treatment
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Lost pay for the time off needed to recover from injuries
- Potentially reduced earning ability if disabled
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
There is no predetermined amount for your damages. That is why you should turn all bills and expenses over to your lawyer for an assessment of your losses.
Uber and Lyft accidents can be challenging for most people to understand. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Galveston will protect your rights and seek compensation on your behalf. Please click here to learn more.
We Represent Uber, Lyft, and UberEats Drivers
Rideshare drivers spend a lot of time driving in and around Galveston. If you are an Uber or Lyft driver who was injured in an accident, please call us for a free case evaluation. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you recover compensation if you qualify, including car repairs so that you can get back to work.
UberEats is an app that allows customers to contact drivers who pick up food at a restaurant. The driver then delivers the food directly to the customer. Like Uber and Lyft, a driver’s pay is based on distance and time traveled. If you were hurt while “on the app” as an UberEats driver, you could recover damages for medical bills and property damage. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Uber and Lyft Services Contributing to Higher Loss of Life
A recent study from the University of Chicago and Rice University reports that traffic fatalities have risen by three percent since 2011 with ridesharing services becoming more popular. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 2.5 million Americans needed emergency department services after a motor vehicle accident.
If you were injured in a rideshare accident, please call our Uber & Lyft accident lawyers in Galveston, TX for a free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?