Are you a passenger, motorist, pedestrian, or driver injured in an Uber or Lyft accident? If an accident with one of these popular rideshare companies harmed you, you may be eligible to sue Uber or Lyft for injuries, losses, and expenses.
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is an Uber and Lyft accident law firm in Houston that stands ready to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Each situation is unique, so call (713) 850-8600 today for a free case evaluation.
You Can Seek Compensation in a Rideshare Accident
Uber and Lyft drivers are considered independent contractors rather than company employees, which can make finding who is at fault complicated. Recent accidents have prompted both Uber driver insurance policies and Lyft driver insurance policies to include $1 million in liability to cover passengers injured when the rideshare driver is at fault.
However, insurance companies prefer to pay as little as possible on claims. If there were multiple vehicles involved, there might be several insurance companies involved, as well. It can be a long and frustrating process to fight for the compensation you deserve, especially if you have medical bills or lost wages piling up. You do not have to face these challenges alone. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn how an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Houston from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help.
You May Pursue Compensation Even if You Are Partly at Fault
Under Texas law, you may seek compensation from an Uber or Lyft accident if you are less than 51 percent at fault. This is known as modified comparative negligence law.
The law recognizes liability in a few ways:
- Direct Liability: holds the driver at fault even if the crash was not intentional.
- Vicarious Liability: can apply to persons or parties who played a part in the accident.
- Respondeat Superior: holds an employer responsible for an employee’s actions.
What You Should Do After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Get medical care. You might feel fine in the immediate aftermath of a car accident, but adrenaline and shock can mask an injury. It is important to see a doctor or healthcare professional as soon as possible. Undiagnosed health issues can affect your physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
It is also important to get as much information as you can about the accident. This can be difficult to collect, especially if you are still recovering from injuries. Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC includes investigators who collect data for your claim, so you can focus on getting better.
As an Uber and Lyft accident law firm in Houston, we know what you should do if your Uber or Lyft driver gets in an accident. We can help by following these and other steps:
- Collect evidence that recreates the events and actions that led to the accident. This includes witness statements, police reports, and photographs of the accident, damage, and your injuries.
- Compile proof of expenses that you suffered from the accident.
- Investigate the at-fault driver or drivers for prior accidents and other related incidents.
- Determine whether the rideshare company performed a background check on the driver and/or offered them safety training.
- Negotiate with the insurance company or companies to pursue compensation for your losses and expenses.
- Take the insurance company or other related parties to court if we cannot reach a fair settlement.
You Could Recover These Expenses Related to an Uber or Lyft Accident
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has resolved many cases for clients, and we know how much you should expect in an Uber or Lyft accident settlement in Texas.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be entitled to compensation for such expenses as:
- Medical bills
- Vehicle damage
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost wages
What to Do if a Loved One Passed Away in a Rideshare Accident
If a loved one passed away while being a passenger, pedestrian, motorist, or rideshare driver, you might be able to pursue compensation. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC handles wrongful death cases for certain family members or other qualified representatives of accident victims.
Compensation in a wrongful death case is a complex and sensitive issue. It is more than funeral or burial costs, although these expenses can be included in most claims. That is because wrongful death compensation includes both the economic and noneconomic worth of the victim. The legal term for this is “full value of life.” We can help you determine the answers to questions like:
- How much would your loved one have earned, given a normal life expectancy?
- What other monetary benefits, such as a pension or retirement fund, were lost?
- Did your loved one’s death result in the loss of companionship or consortium of a spouse?
- Is there a loss of parental care and guidance for children?
If you have lost a loved one or were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, we want to help. Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will advocate your case with compassionate, professional service.
We Are Here to Help You Seek Compensation
You should know that you have only two years to file a civil lawsuit for damages in an Uber or Lyft case. If we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, it takes time to prepare for trial. We cannot guarantee the outcome of any claim or lawsuit. However, the law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped other injured clients. We invite you to call today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.