If you suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident, the person or business that owns or manages the property might be responsible for your damages, including your hospital bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
To keep visitors and invited guests safe from harm, premises liability laws in Texas assign strict requirements to property owners. A slip and fall lawyer in Katy can go after a property owner that failed to uphold their duty of care to you.
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, focuses on slip and fall accidents, helping injury victims just like yourself get the compensation you deserve. We have the tools and resources to identify all responsible parties, gather compelling evidence against them, and pursue them for a fair financial settlement so that you can pay your bills and get back to living your life.
After a slip and fall injury, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, for help. Our attorneys protect your rights by holding the property owner liable. Call 713-850-8600 today for a free consultation.
Slip and Fall Injuries Are Serious, and We Take Yours Seriously.
The term “slip and fall” might not call to mind a serious injury. You might picture a slapstick movie scene in which a clumsy character wipes out, drawing laughs from his co-stars and the audience, but not suffering any major harm.
In reality, falls account for a surprisingly large share of debilitating injuries, particularly among young children and senior citizens. A slip and fall can leave you with a traumatic brain injury, oppressive medical bills, and a reduced earning capacity. Scary as it sounds, something as simple as a wet floor or a piece of uneven pavement can change your life in an instant.
Our attorneys understand the seriousness of a slip and fall accident. We take the outcome of your case as seriously as you do. Do not accept a settlement from the responsible party or the insurance company without talking to us first. We tally all the damages for which you are eligible and negotiate full compensation.
Why Hire a Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Katy?
A slip and fall accident can result in substantial damages. These include both economic damages—such as hospital bills, prescription drug costs, and lost wages—and non-economic damages—such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of consortium.
You deserve compensation for all such losses. If you accept an insurance company settlement offer without first speaking with an attorney, however, you may end up receiving less compensation than you deserve. The insurance company’s goal is to reduce payouts whenever possible. An insurer’s initial settlement offer rarely, if ever, includes the full scope of damages for which you are eligible.
Our goal as your personal injury legal team is to get you a full settlement that does not leave any of the money you deserve on the table. We go after the full value of your claim aggressively.
We pursue your slip and fall case by doing the following:
- Gathering evidence from the scene, such as witness statements and accident reports;
- Reviewing photos and video surveillance of your slip and fall accident, if available;
- Interviewing parties such as the property manager, property owner, and employees;
- Consulting with expert witnesses;
- Gathering your medical records, bills, and receipts; and
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the responsible party or the insurance company.
Contact our legal team today so we can get started on your claim.
How Much Is My Slip and Fall Accident Claim Worth?
Too many factors determine the value of your slip and call accident claim for us to provide a reliable estimate without specific information about your case. In general, you are eligible for compensation for all of the accident-related losses your accident caused. At your free case review, we can discuss the details of your fall, as well as the various economic and non-economic damages you deserve.
Economic damages refer to financial losses that you can quantify in dollar terms, such as:
- Medical bills, including current and future hospitalizations, surgeries, doctor visits, prescription drugs, and medical devices;
- Lost earnings, which include the money you are unable to earn due to missed work while recovering; and
- Reduced earning capacity, or the difference between what you are able to earn following your injury and what you would be earning had your fall not occurred.
Non-economic damages are losses that do not have a specific dollar value, including:
- Pain and suffering, which compensates you for the physical pain and emotional turmoil you have suffered due to your injury;
- Loss of consortium, which pay your loved ones for loss of companionship and services;
- Punitive damages, or additional damages to punish the responsible party if their actions were not merely negligent, but reckless or malicious; and
- Wrongful death, which compensates you if you lost a loved one due to a slip and fall accident for which another party was responsible.
What Should I Expect From the Claims Process?
The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, has helped many accident victims win fair settlements. Here is what to expect if you decide to work with us.
During your free consultation and case review, our attorneys evaluate your claim, identify the responsible parties, and let you know what damages you can expect to receive. Then, we get to work, interviewing witnesses, gathering evidence, and building our case against the responsible party.
Once we have built a thorough and compelling case, we begin the negotiation process with the responsible party and their insurance company. Generally, by presenting the evidence we have compiled, we can reach a fair settlement agreement outside of court.
If not, we will file a lawsuit and fight your case in front of a jury. Our success rate in litigation is very high.
Call 713-850-8600 to Schedule Your Free Consultation and Case Review.
The D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, team fights for the compensation you deserve. Call 713-850-8600 today for an appointment.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Your Legal Options After a Bus Accident In Texas?
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?