Bus accidents cause injuries or fatalities to drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and occupants of other vehicles, as well as considerable property damage. If you were injured in an accident or a loved was injured or killed, a bus accident lawyer in League City at our firm can help you pursue compensation for your losses.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers comprehensive legal services for victims of bus crashes and those who lost loved ones. We can provide legal assistance for you and your family and represent your case in court. To schedule an initial consultation, contact us today at 713-850-8600. We’re here to help.
Who is at Fault in a Bus Accident?
When a bus accident occurs, our law firm’s primary concern is to establish what happened and who is at fault. If the evidence does not provide a clear assessment of what or who caused the accident, then we probe further until we find the answers. One or more parties may be at fault including:
- The Bus Driver: The accident could be a result of operator error. The driver may have been distracted or practiced poor judgment.In other cases, the driver may have been under the influence of alcohol, prescription drugs, or narcotics, or may knowingly have been driving in such a way as to cause a wreck.
- The Bus Company: The company managing the bus may have failed to provide proper maintenance for the vehicle.
- The Bus Manufacturer: Parts of the vehicle may have malfunctioned.
- Reckless or Negligent Third-Party Drivers: A reckless or negligent third-party driver may have driven into the bus or caused the bus to veer off the road.
- Road Maintenance Agency: Potholes, loose gravel, inadequate signage, or bumpy roads can create an unstable environment for a bus driver.Poor road maintenance may indicate the agency responsible for maintaining the roads is liable.
Why We Recommend Hiring a Bus Accident Lawyer
If you pursue compensation for a bus accident without a lawyer to assist you, you’ll have to navigate through a complicated legal process, only to find that you may not receive adequate compensation. The amount of time and money you spend on your case can be overwhelming.
The defendants in the case have lawyers who may challenge evidence, twist facts, subpoena witnesses, and properly handle legal procedures. Call the legal team of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to discuss your case and how we can represent you.
Call our law offices for a free consultation about a League City bus accident: 713-850-8600
The Type of Bus Involved in the Accident Matters
In the state of Texas, all buses fall into one of two categories: commercial buses owned by a private company and government-owned buses.
The type of bus involved in the accident will determine what course of legal action we should pursue when filing a lawsuit. With commercial buses, you may file a lawsuit against the private bus company. If the bus was government-owned, however, your options could be limited and you must follow the process for suing a government entity.
Therefore, we recommend seeking legal counsel with a bus accident lawyer. We can discuss all of the options available to you.
Complex Bus Accident Legal Issues
The combination of evidence, liability, multiple lawsuits, and the value of compensation can complicate a bus accident case quickly. You, as a plaintiff, need to know what you’re up against when filing a lawsuit.
When we represent victims in a case, we often face the following issues:
- Bus Companies May Fight Liability: The company may do everything in its power to minimize liability. After all, a large settlement could deal a significant blow to the company’s financials. It is our job to establish liability and solidify your lawsuit.
- Multiple Victims Are Seeking Compensation: A bus accident case may involve a lot of victims and families. If a bus company has limited resources, plaintiffs may ‘compete’ for compensation. Therefore, you should be proactive and file your claim as soon as possible.
- Laws and Regulations: Both government-owned and privately-owned bus companies must adhere to local, state, and federal safety laws and regulations. In addition to lawsuits, bus companies may also face stiff government fines and penalties.
Contact a Bus Accident Lawyer in League City Today
If you or a family member is a victim of a bus accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you through this challenging time. Get a free, no-obligation consultation from one of our bus accident lawyers who can answer your questions.
To schedule an evaluation, call us at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- I Was Injured In An Accident With An 18-wheeler – Can I Sue?
- Can I Sue If I Was A Passenger In A Car Accident In Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- When Should You Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident?