If a drunk driver in League City caused you to suffer injuries in a car accident, you might be able to try to collect compensation for your medical care, lost wages, and other losses. We can help you build your case and fight for compensation.
The League City drunk driving (DWI) accident & injury attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can review your case for free. We can help you understand how personal injury laws apply to your case and explain if we believe you should file a claim for compensation. Call our office today at 713-850-8600 to schedule.
Recoverable Damages in a Drunk Driving Accident and Injury Case
In many cases, accident victims are not sure what compensation may be available to them. While we cannot give you an accurate estimate of the value of your claim until we investigate your case and have a better understanding of your specific losses and expenses, we can give you a good idea of the types of damages you might recover.
Some of the most common damages we can collect for our clients by winning this type of case include:
- Cost of an ambulance ride or other emergency transportation
- Medical treatment and hospitalization expenses
- Costs related to rehabilitation and necessary therapies
- Prescription drugs costs
- Ongoing care costs, when applicable
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity and lost benefits
- Cost to repair or replace your vehicle
- Expenses related to replacement of other damaged property
- Any miscellaneous accident-related costs
- Pain and suffering damages
Of course, before we try to recover compensation on your behalf, we will need to have a better understanding of the value of your case. Our legal team can work to identify and collect documentation of your expenses and losses related to the accident including:
- Medical bills
- Receipts from your related out-of-pocket costs
- Estimates or receipts for the repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Information from your employer about your time away from work
- Damaged personal property repair receipts
Once we have proof of your full range of economic damages, we can begin to put a value on your non-economic losses such as pain and suffering.
The Claims Process Following a League City DWI Injury Accident
While we cannot guarantee you will win any compensation in a Texas DWI accident case, we will aggressively pursue the payout we believe you deserve based on the facts of your case. Often, we can recover for our clients without having to resort to filing a lawsuit or going to court. Instead, we can:
- Investigate your accident and build a strong case to fight for compensation
- Send a demand letter to the drunk driver’s insurance company outlining our case
- Demand a fair settlement during negotiations with the insurance company
- Attempt to negotiate a settlement agreement
By negotiating a settlement agreement, both parties have more control over the outcome of the case. If we need to prosecute the case, the judge will determine whether you deserve compensation and how much. However, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit against the drunk driver if that is the only option left that may allow you to recover your losses and expenses.
Proving Negligence and Liability in a League City Drunk Driving Accident Claim
We investigate every car accident case we handle, identifying and collecting all available evidence to help us understand exactly why your accident occurred and why. When a drunk driver causes the crash, we often have essential proof, for example:
- Police report (here is how to get a police report for a car accident)
- Testimony from their criminal trial
- Bodycam or dash cam footage of their arrest
- Other evidence from the criminal case against them
We also need to collect and analyze other types of evidence to build a solid case to help us fight for the compensation you need including:
- Statements and other evidence provided by witnesses
- Video of the accident, if available
- A full survey of the scene provided by a professional survey team
- Data and diagrams provided by accident reconstruction specialists
- Your medical records
- Expert testimony about your prognosis and any impairments, if applicable
- All available evidence of your damages
By collecting and analyzing this evidence, we can build a strong case for you before we ever approach the insurance company or file a personal injury lawsuit. Our legal team will need evidence to back up our claims, and proof of your damages. Without this evidence, we could not diligently and confidently try to demand the payout you need from the insurance company or attempt to convince the judge you deserve a fair financial award.
Contact a Drunk Driving Accident & Injury Lawyer in League City Today
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our drunk driving accident and injury attorneys can review the facts of your case and explain if we believe you may have a viable claim for compensation.
Not only do we provide free case evaluations, but we also handle car accident injury cases based on contingency. You don’t pay attorney’s fees unless we win your case. Call us at 713-850-8600 today to talk to a League City, Texas attorney about your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- How Many Victims Have Filed Charges Against UCLA?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?