Were you injured in an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident? An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Spring, TX can help you recover compensation. You will not pay attorney fees unless we successfully recover compensation. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
We Seek Available Compensation from Those Accountable
Most accidents between a passenger car and an 18-wheeler or semi-truck result in catastrophic injuries, significant property damage, and/or loss of life. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC handles these types of 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents in Spring, including:
- Underride or override
- Accidents resulting from spilled cargo or contents
- Tire blow out
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
A fully loaded semi-truck or 18-wheeler can weigh as much as 40 tons. That is 20 times the weight of the average passenger car. These kinds of collisions often result in catastrophic injuries including:
- Traumatic brain injury or other neurological condition
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Permanent disability
- Loss of life
We Pursue Compensation From all Negligent Parties
We will pursue compensation from the truck driver and employer. Our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers pursue potential compensation by showing liability.
Texas recognizes two kinds of liability:
- Direct Liability holds the truck driver accountable whether the accident was intentional or accidental. A manufacturer or maintenance company can also be directly liable if a defect or poor maintenance led to the accident.
- Vicarious liability holds an employer or company owner responsible for an employee’s actions.
They Will Have a Lawyer and So Should You
The trucking company’s insurance company may try to deny or delay your claim. It is likely that the company also has a lawyer (or team of lawyers) who will try to shift responsibility to you. That is why you should contact our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers in Spring as soon as possible. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
We Understand the Insurance and Legal Process
Not only are you recuperating from your injuries, but you might also feel overwhelmed by the mounds of paperwork the insurance company is requiring you to fill out. An injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will file a claim with the truck driver’s insurance company and any other liable party. If we cannot reach an acceptable settlement, we may take your case to trial. You have two years from the accident date to file a truck accident lawsuit.
Recovering Damages in an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident
If you qualify, you could be awarded both economic and noneconomic damages. These might include:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing therapy such as physical or occupational
- Property damage
- Prescription drugs
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability from the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Our firm has helped many Spring residents who have been injured or disabled in similar accidents. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will do whatever they can for the best possible result. Please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our Team Helps You Recover the Compensation You Deserve
We have a process for pursuing your 18-wheeler and semi-truck claim. It involves:
- Collecting all expenses including medical bills, property loss, car repair or rental costs, and other related losses.
- Gathering evidence about the accident from police reports, witness statements, available photographs or videos, and your personal notes about the accident.
- Conducting a background check on the truck driver and trucking company, including truck and rig maintenance records, driver’s logs, and the company’s safety and training procedures.
- Negotiating with the insurance company
The truck company and their insurance company will do all they can to avoid accountability. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except your attorney. This includes social media as well. Any statements that you make about the accident, your potential role, or other aspects could jeopardize your claim. To get started on your case, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Frequent Causes of 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accidents
Negligence is often the cause of an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident. Examples include:
- Distracted driving (for example, texting or using a cell phone)
- Following too closely
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription medication)
- Overweight or improperly balanced cargo
- Poor maintenance
- Inadequate safety and equipment training
- Defective parts or repairs
Regardless of the cause of the accident, the result is that you are injured. You have medical bills, lost wages, and other accident-related expenses. Contact our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Call 713-850-8600 to learn more about how an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Spring, TX can help with your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Do Slip And Fall Injury Cases Take In Texas?
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- How Much Should You Expect in A Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?