Few accidents are more terrifying than those involving pedestrians. As a walker, you are vulnerable to significant injury and a higher risk of passing away. If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a pedestrian accident, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. You might be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and damages.
To see how a pedestrian accident lawyer in Spring, TX can help you, call 713-850-8600 today.
We Accept All Types of Pedestrian Accident Cases
While we handle all types of pedestrian accidents, some of the most common we see include:
- Crosswalk accidents: These occur when a vehicle does not give pedestrians the right-of-way when they are walking in a crosswalk.
- Back-over and parking lot accidents can occur when a driver hits a pedestrian while backing up. They are common in parking lots.
- Loss of control accidents can happen when a motorist is drowsy, distracted, speeding, or loses control of the vehicle as a result of another type of negligent behavior.
We Suggest Doing the Following After Your Pedestrian Accident
- Get medical care.
- Write or record an account of the accident including the time of day, weather conditions, and location.
- Keep all bills from the hospital, emergency responders, and any other accident-related expenses.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for physical therapy, treatment, and post-accident care.
- Call 713-850-8600 to get help from a pedestrian accident lawyer in Spring.
We Establish Fault by Proving Negligence
All drivers – including bicyclists, moped operators, and motorcycle riders – must take care to avoid a collision with pedestrians. A pedestrian accident lawyer in Spring, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can prove fault if we establish that the other party was behaving negligently.
The process of proving negligence includes:
- The driver owed you a legal duty of care to avoid a collision.
- The driver behaved negligently and breached the duty of care.
- Causation means the driver’s negligence caused the accident and your injuries.
- Damages refer to your physical and emotional injuries, financial losses, and property damages.
Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Spring Will Pursue Compensation
It is our experience that insurance companies often try to delay, deny, or downplay your claim. They might be trying to let enough time run out to force you into accepting a lesser settlement. Texas has a two-year limit on filing accident claims or a personal injury lawsuit. We will not let that happen. To find out if you qualify for compensation and how we can help, call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our pedestrian accident lawyers in Spring vigorously pursue compensation for your injuries and damages, including:
- Past and future medical bills
- Ongoing medical treatments
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
No Recovery, No Fee
Some people are reluctant to call a personal injury lawyer because they believe it will be too expensive. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC does not charge attorney fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation. We believe you deserve legal representation that is affordable and accessible.
We Also Represent Family Members in a Wrongful Death Claim
If you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, please accept our sympathies and our offer to assist you in filing a wrongful death action. We know no amount of compensation can replace a family member. However, the passing of a loved one could dramatically reduce your family’s quality of life. This is especially true if they were a significant (or sole) income producer.
A wrongful death lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you explore your options for filing a wrongful death claim and obtaining the compensation you and your family need to stay afloat.
Understanding Wrongful Death and Survivorship Claims
Texas statutes define wrongful death as the taking of a life due to a wrongful act, negligence, carelessness, unskillfulness, or default. A negligent driver who caused your loved one’s passing in a pedestrian accident would meet these criteria. The surviving spouse, legally adopted and biological children, and parents may qualify to file a wrongful death claim. Siblings do not qualify.
Damages recoverable in a wrongful death action depend on if you are the surviving spouse, parent, or child. The most common damages in these claims include:
- Mental anguish
- Lost earning ability
- Lost inheritance
- Loss of companionship, support, guidance, or counsel
The D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Team Wants to Help You with Your Claim
You do not have to go through the stress of filing a pedestrian accident or wrongful death claim alone. Please contact our pedestrian accident lawyers in Spring for help with your case. We offer a free case evaluation for injured parties and family members. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at 713-850-8600
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- Who Is The Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?