If you were hurt in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, you could be entitled to financial recovery. You should not have to suffer financially for someone else’s reckless act or error.
Our legal team can seek financial recovery if you or a loved one were involved in a commercial vehicle accident. Insurance companies are often reluctant to pay claims, even when their policyholder caused the accident. One of our lawyers can pursue a settlement on your behalf or take the case to court if necessary.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can take care of dealing with the insurance adjuster while you focus on feeling better. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600 today.
Why We Recommend Calling a Lawyer Now
Texas has complicated liability and negligence laws. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer can help navigate the legal process of filing a claim on your behalf.
According to Civil Practice and Remedies Code 16.003 of the Texas State Statutes, you have only two years from the date you were injured to file a personal injury lawsuit. That is not much time when you consider that most personal injury lawsuits are filed after negotiations with the insurance company have broken down.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Texas City, Texas, from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can handle all aspects of your Texas City commercial vehicle accident case, including:
- Communicating with the insurance adjuster on your behalf.
- Collecting evidence of liability and negligence for both your insurance claim and future legal action, if necessary.
- Protecting your rights.
We offer a free case evaluation and will handle your case on a contingency basis. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
Common Injuries in a Commercial Vehicle Accident
A commercial vehicle can be a town car, van, truck, or an 18-wheeler semi truck. It is a vehicle used exclusively for commercial or business use.
You are at a greater risk for significant or extensive injuries if you were involved in an accident with a large truck, van, or 18-wheeler semi truck, including:
- Broken bones
- Torn, pulled, or twisted soft tissue
- Deep lacerations
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord or back injuries
We urge you to follow your medical provider’s recommendations for your best health.
We Handle Many Types of Accidents
Texas City is in the Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown metropolitan area. This beautiful area is growing steadily, and with that growth comes an increased number of traffic accidents.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2018 there were more than 144,000 vehicle accidents on the interstate. Our attorneys are familiar with these cases and are here to help after any type of commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Driving while intoxicated (drunk driving) accidents
- Driving while under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep at the wheel
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rollover accidents
- Left turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Defective tire thread accidents
- Defective manufacturer parts accidents
Every accident is different. Call our team today to find out how we may be able to help you recover damages from the liable party. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Recoverable Damages in a Commercial Vehicle Accident Case
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Texas City, Texas, will investigate your commercial vehicle accident case and can help determine the cause of the accident. We can also identify all liable parties who played a direct role in your injuries. This helps us to seek recovery for your economic and noneconomic losses.
Some of the types of damages we can pursue on your behalf include:
- Medical care (current and future)
- Specialists and doctor’s visits
- Prescription medicine
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Property damage including temporary transportation
- Lost pay for the time you missed at work
If you have extensive injuries or long-term health issues, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can also seek additional damages.
These may include:
- Lost income due to injuries preventing you from returning to your prior occupation or work in any capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
- Loss of companionship or consortium.
Our lawyers can assess your injuries and damages to help you seek recovery from those responsible. A member of our team can evaluate your case today on a contingency basis.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents and Wrongful Death Cases
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can pursue damages in a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a family member due to a commercial vehicle accident.
It may not be the first thing that comes to mind right now, but the reality of mounting bills and lost income is a factor for you and your family.
We can help pursue damages in the form of:
- Medical care for your loved one until passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income
- Mental anguish
Our legal team can help seek financial recovery for you and your family if you were injured or lost a loved one due to negligence. For a free case evaluation call our Texas City office today at (713) 850-8600.
Reasons for Many Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Accidents can happen because someone got careless. It could be a truck driver who is driving beyond the legal number of hours in a 24-hour period.
Some of the most common reasons why accidents happen can include:
- The driver is impaired by alcohol or drug use.
- The driver is texting or otherwise distracted.
- The driver is speeding or driving too fast for weather, road, and traffic conditions.
- The driver is unfamiliar with the vehicle or improperly trained.
Whatever the reason, if you or a loved one was injured in a commercial vehicle accident our lawyers may be able to seek damages on your behalf.
Call a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Texas City, Texas, Today
If you were hurt in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to financial recovery. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?