If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident involving a bus, you may be able to recover damages for your injuries. You should not have to pay for an accident you did not cause.
If you are facing medical expenses and other damages associated with the accident, a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC bus accident lawyer can help. We provide legal assistance and may be able to help you negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party.
Types of Bus Accident Cases We Handle
Bus accidents happen for many reasons.
Some of the ways we may be able to help you with include:
- Drunk driving (DWI)
- Manufacturer defect
- Driving while texting or otherwise distracted
- Inadequate driver training
- Failure to follow traffic laws
- Third-party driver negligence
If you were injured in a bus accident, call 713-850-8600 for a consultation with a bus accident lawyer in The Woodlands, TX.
Establish Liability for Your Bus Accident
If you were injured, our first step is to establish who is liable for the accident. Many factors impact liability, including who caused the accident and the events that occurred just before the accident.
Our law firm will investigate your accident to identify the liable party, in order to hold them responsible.
Some of the parties who may be liable for your injuries include:
- The Bus Driver: The driver may have been negligent, distracted, or used poor judgment. They may also have been driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The Bus Company: The bus company may have failed to maintain the bus or properly train the driver. They may also have failed to screen the driver properly before hiring them.
- The Manufacturer: The bus manufacturer may have built a defective part that caused the bus to fail, resulting in your accident.
- A Third-Party Driver: Another driver on the road may have been unable to avoid an object in the road or other distraction. They may have been following too close to the bus or failed to yield to the bus.
If you were injured in a bus accident, call 713-850-8600 for a free case review and to get help from a bus accident lawyer in The Woodlands, TX.
How D. Miller & Associates, PLLC May Be Able to Help You
If you were involved in a bus accident, you may be in pain and feeling overwhelmed. Our legal team is here to help. We can help you with a bus accident case in the following ways:
Manage the Legal Process
Filing a claim can be a complex process. A bus accident lawyer in The Woodlands, TX can help file your claims, submit evidence, communicate with insurance companies, and manage your case from start to finish.
Gather Evidence and Calculate Your Damages
Your personal injury attorney will obtain the following evidence to establish liability:
- Police report from the accident
- Testimony from eyewitnesses
- Photographs from the accident scene
- Videos from the accident
- Videos of conditions that caused the accident, such as improperly marked hazards, etc.
- Hospital and medical care bills and receipts
- Pay check stubs and other proof of lost wages
Seek Expert Testimony to Support Your Case
To build a strong case, we seek expert advice from medical experts and accident reconstructionists. These witnesses will testify about the cause of your accident and related injuries.
Negotiate a Settlement With the Insurance Company
In some cases, we may be able to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company without going to court.
Try Your Case in Court
If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, we may file a personal injury lawsuit. If this occurs, we will present your case to the court and argue for the recovery of damages.
Seek Recovery for Your Expenses and Losses
After a bus accident, you may experience a wide range of expenses and losses. In many cases, you are eligible to recover those losses.
The losses we account for when pursuing a recovery may include:
Medical Bills and Expenses
If you were injured in a bus accident, you may be able to recover your medical expenses including:
- Cost of hospitalization
- Bills from an extended care facility
- Surgeon bills
- Doctor bills
In addition to your medical expenses, your recovery may account for wages lost while you were recovering from your injuries. In some cases, we may also be able to recover the loss of future earning capacity, and loss of retirement savings and benefits.
You may also qualify to recover noneconomic damages you experience. These types of damages may include mental distress, physical pain, loss of consortium, loss of quality of life, and more.
The Statute of Limitations for Filing a Claim in Texas
, personal injury cases, including bus accident cases, must be filed within two years of the accident.
If you fail to pursue recovery during this time, you may not be able to hold the liable party responsible for your injuries and related damages. If you were in a bus accident, act now before the deadline passes.
Seek Legal Help From a Bus Accident Lawyer in The Woodlands, TX
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bus accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you file a claim and seek a recovery. We work on a contingency basis, which means we do not collect any attorney’s fees until you recover damages.
Call 713-850-8600 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a bus accident lawyer in The Woodlands, TX.