If you or a family member was recently involved in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, you could qualify for financial recovery for medical expenses, lost pay, and other damages. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue recovery while you focus on feeling better.
Our firm can:
- Evaluate your case to properly value your injuries and damages
- Speak with the other party’s insurance adjuster
- Make sure your legal rights are protected
- Negotiate for a fair insurance settlement
- Prepare your case for trial, if in your best interest
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
When You Should Contact an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
Ideally, you should call a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident. We recommend calling a lawyer as soon as you have received medical treatment. It is common to see these injuries after an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushed pelvis
- Torn, strained, or sprained soft tissue
Medical expenses add up quickly. These bills are in addition to your rent, groceries, and other necessary living expenses. If you cannot work and are unable to receive disability or sick leave benefits, you could find yourself in a serious financial shortage.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, can decide who or what caused your injuries and seek financial recovery. The sooner you call, the quicker we can assess your case and help you get the recovery you deserve. For more information and a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
It can be challenging to understand Texas liability and negligence laws. It is even more complicated if there is more than one liable party, or defendant, as there often can be in an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident. For example, the truck driver, trucking company, distributor, and even the truck manufacturer may have contributed in some way to the accident.
Our lawyers can establish liability based on a few factors:
- The defendant(s) owed you a duty of care to drive safely and take commonsense measures to avoid the accident.
- This duty of care was breached for some reason (for example, driving while drowsy or under the influence).
- The defendant’s negligent actions caused your injury.
- You have damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
Filing a claim on your own can be confusing and difficult. You may not be feeling well enough to get the financial recovery you could receive. Please take advantage of our free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 to speak with an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, today.
We Will Pursue Financial Recovery on a Contingency Basis
A member of our team will evaluate your case at no cost or obligation. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only. It is to your advantage to consult an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, to find out your legal options.
You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistake. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will vigorously pursue recovery for your damages, such as:
- Lost wages, both current and future
- Reduced earning ability if you are disabled or cannot return to your earlier job
- Medical expenses
- Loss of a bodily function
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A collision with an 18-wheeler can disrupt every aspect of your life. You did not choose to be hurt in an accident. However, you can choose how to respond by having a lawyer to represent you.
Our Lawyers Accept All Types of Truck and Motor Vehicle Accidents
It takes time and resources to build a compelling case for an insurance claim or a lawsuit. Some injury lawyers may not be familiar with the extensive injuries, damages, and multiple defendants that can come with an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident case.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts all kinds of collisions, including:
- Spilled cargo
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Blown tires
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Other vehicle accidents involving cars, bicycles, buses, trucks, mopeds, motorcycles, pedestrians, and rideshare vehicles
For your free case evaluation with an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, please call our firm at (713) 850-8600.
Our Process for Seeking Financial Recovery
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer has a process for pursuing recovery that usually includes:
- Investigating the circumstances of your accident with evidence from police reports, witness statements, photos, videos, and your detailed account.
- Compiling evidence from your doctor about the extent of your injuries and your prognosis.
- Securing expert testimony on the liability of the defendant.
- Negotiating with the other party’s insurance company for a fair and acceptable settlement.
- Researching the truck driver’s driving record, company safety and training, maintenance records, and other facts as required by the federal government for trucking companies.
It is common for our firm to negotiate an acceptable insurance settlement. If this does not happen, Texas statutes of limitations gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We Give You the Personalized Attention and Support You Deserve
Each accident is different, and every client has individual needs. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC takes a hands-on approach to each case to fully protect and preserve your legal rights. It is our goal to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive.
If you or a family member was injured in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, call for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?
- When Should You Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?