If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, medical malpractice incident, or a slip and fall accident that was not your fault, you might not have to pay for the expenses on your own. There are many ways that a personal injury may occur, but if you are not at fault, you could pursue financial recovery from the liable party.
A personal injury lawyer serving Abilene can help protect your rights and recover damages for medical bills, lost income, and other expenses related to your injury. This gives you the time and peace of mind to focus on taking care of your health and well-being.
Call (713) 850-8600 to speak with a member of our team. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help you during this challenging time. We pride ourselves on being accessible to clients, and we want to help you get the financial recovery you may be entitled to.
We Work on Many Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
Hiring a lawyer may not be the first thing that comes to mind after a personal injury. However, you should know that the liable party may try to avoid responsibility. It can be difficult for you to try to recover damages on your own, especially if you are still recuperating from your injuries.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC helps clients after many types of personal injuries, including, but not limited to:
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective or dangerous medical devices
- Dog bites
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Sexual abuse and assault
- Slip and fall accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents and injuries
You deserve to know which legal options may be available to you. A personal injury lawyer serving Abilene can be your legal advocate for the insurance adjuster or before the court.
We Focus on Recovering Damages While You Focus on Your Health
There are several benefits when you allow one of our lawyers to help you recover damages:
- We represent you to all liable parties, including communicating and negotiating.
- We can file an insurance claim for you, with all the necessary paperwork and documentation.
- We can investigate your case, gather evidence, and interview witnesses.
- We can take your case to trial if we cannot reach a reasonable settlement through negotiations.
A member of our team will evaluate your case for free, and we can work with you wherever you are, including:
- Your home
- At the hospital
- Our office
- Over the telephone
Give us a phone call to learn more about our services and how we may be able to help you recover damages from the responsible party or their insurance company. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation with a member of our team at (713) 850-8600.
How We Work
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped clients recover damages after they are injured through no fault of their own. Although past results cannot guarantee future outcomes, we will do all we can to resolve your case successfully.
Our process includes:
- Carefully assessing the circumstances of events surrounding your injury.
- Evaluating your injuries using information and input from your healthcare provider (with your permission).
- Determining who is responsible for your injuries (in some instances, there may be several liable parties).
The statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits is two years from the date of your injury to take legal action, according to Texas Law. That is why we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to make sure you may take full advantage of all legal options.
Proving Negligence for a Personal Injury
In personal injury cases, you typically must prove that another party is negligent. To do this, we will investigate your case and gather the evidence to prove the following:
- Duty of care: The other party owed you a duty of care, or they were supposed to take measures to protect the safety of others.
- Breach of duty: The other party breached their duty of care to you.
- Causation: The breach of duty of care caused an accident that you suffered injuries from.
- Damages: The accident and your resulting injuries caused you to have expenses and other losses.
We Seek Recovery for Your Injuries and Damages
Many personal injury cases include a trip to the emergency room. If you must be admitted, the average cost for a three-day hospital stay is around $30,000, according to the U.S. Department of Medicare & Medicaid Services.
You should not have to suffer financially when you already have physical and emotional injuries because of someone’s reckless act.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue recovery that might include such expenses as:
- Ambulance and emergency room care.
- Imaging and medical tests.
- Specialists and doctor visits.
- Prescription medicines.
- Rehabilitation and follow-up treatment.
- Lost pay while you were injured.
- Diminished earning ability if you cannot return to your previous job or work at all because of your injuries.
- Property damage and related expenses, such as rental car fees.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
We will carefully assess your injuries and damages as we pursue recovery on your behalf.
Our Recommendations After a Personal Injury
We know that the first few moments, hours, and days after a personal injury or accident can be chaotic.
As personal injury lawyers, we suggest the following actions to protect your health, safety, and legal rights:
- Call 9-1-1 for life-threatening injuries, accidents, or if you are in immediate danger.
- Get medical attention.
- Politely decline to speak to an insurance adjuster until you have a chance to talk to a member of our team.
We also suggest that you do not post comments or pictures on social media, as this could jeopardize your case.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Case Evaluation
A personal injury lawyer serving Abilene might be able to help after a personal injury. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I and My Lawyer Need to File Against UCLA for Sexual Abuse?
- Are the Benefits From Workers’ Compensation Taxable In Texas?
- How Do I Get A Police Report For A Car Accident In Houston?
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- My Loved One Was Killed In A Truck Accident, Am I Able To Sue?