Accidents usually happen because a driver does not take appropriate measures to prevent the collision. If you were hurt in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi truck and the truck driver is responsible, you could pursue financial recovery.
Texas statutes have specific guidelines when assigning liability in a motor vehicle accident. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Alvin can guide you through the complex process of seeking a financial recovery for medical expenses, lost pay, mental anguish, and other damages.
For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
Why Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer
Any motor vehicle accident can result in serious injuries. 18-wheeler semi trucks can are the heaviest vehicles on the road. The sheer size of these vehicles makes any collision more likely to result in catastrophic injuries for other motorists.
You could be facing months of rehabilitation and recovery depending on the severity of your injuries. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can take care of the necessary details to pursue financial recovery while you focus on feeling better.
There are other reasons why you should call an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer:
- Protect your legal rights
- Gather evidence to support your claim or lawsuit
- Communicate with the defendant’s insurance adjuster or lawyer for you
- Secure expert testimony and documents on your behalf
- Evaluate your damages for a correct value
You can talk to a member of our team at no cost or obligation. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Our Legal Advocates Fight for You
It is likely that the truck driver (or at least their employer) has an attorney. The driver’s insurance carrier has a legal team, as well.
While you are not required to hire a lawyer to seek recovery from an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident, you may find yourself at a distinct disadvantage if you attempt to handle your case alone. Very few people have a working knowledge of how to handle these laws. You will also not be feeling at your best because of your injuries.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Alvin will be your strong legal advocate. They can handle all the following:
- Thoroughly reviewing police reports, witness statements, photographs, videos, and your personal account about the accident.
- Requesting relevant information from the truck driver and the trucking company, such as truck and rig maintenance records, driver’s logs, any prior violations or driving mishaps, and the company’s safety and training procedures.
- Collecting medical bills, pay stubs, car repair and rental receipts, and any other proof of loss due to the accident.
- Talking to your healthcare provider about the extent of your injuries and your prognosis.
- Communicating and negotiating with the insurance company for maximum financial recovery.
Damages You May Be Able to Recover
Each case is different. Factors that influence the amount and type of damages include:
- The extent and nature of your injuries (for example, loss of limb or loss of use of a bodily system).
- If the accident resulted in a loss of life.
- The likelihood of your ability to return to work, school, and other activities and if you will need help with daily tasks.
- If the other driver was legally intoxicated.
There is no set rule for what kind of damages might be recovered in an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident. The types of damages could be:
- Medical expenses including emergency services, hospitalization, rehabilitation, and other follow-up care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Car repairs and other property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs and other losses if the accident resulted in a loss of life
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will work hard to help you recover damages from the liable party or parties. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What You May Expect as a Valued Client
We know that life after an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident can be tough on you and your family. A member of our team will be happy to work with you if that is difficult for you to get around.
Your case is assigned to an attorney who is dedicated to getting you the recovery you deserve. Our commitment to personalized service includes:
- Make sure you are up to date on the progress of your case.
- If you call, your call is returned promptly—the same is true for emails.
- Highest level of ethical and professional standards.
- Responsive, compassionate representation with the insurance company or at trial.
Our law firm has been recognized by prestigious organizations, but the greatest honor is helping those who have been hurt by someone’s reckless or intentional action.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC: (713) 850-8600.
Frequent Causes of 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were 475,000 large truck collisions nationwide in 2016. Truck drivers are supposed to adhere to federal guidelines that regulate how long they can drive in one stretch, cargo weight restrictions, and other safety measures. When they do not follow these regulations, accidents can happen.
Common causes of these kinds of accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Driving while intoxicated or otherwise under the influence
- Distracted driving such as texting while driving
- Failure to yield
- Overloaded or dangerously balanced cargo
- Insufficient maintenance such as worn tires or brakes
Call Today for Help Pursuing Financial Recovery
You may be entitled to financial recovery from a negligent driver. Under Texas Civil Code Sec. 16, you have only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC so that our 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers can get you the recovery you may deserve: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What To Do After A Car Accident In Houston
- How Is Total Loss Value Calculated in Texas?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- How do You Respond to a Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?