We know that this is a challenging time for you and your family. It is natural if you are frustrated and angry that a reckless driver caused you or a loved one physical, emotional, and financial suffering.
A car accident lawyer serving Abilene may be able to help you recover damages related to the accident, including car repairs, medical bills, and lost pay.
You have a limited time to take legal action, so please call our firm today to learn more about potential financial recovery.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a member of the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC team.
Insurance Claims vs Personal Injury Lawsuits
Most people are not familiar with our state’s liability and negligence laws. You could inadvertently jeopardize your singular opportunity to pursue recovery.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can protect your rights and help you recover damages from the liable party.
Our client-driven services include:
- Free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, our office, or over the telephone.
- As your legal counsel, we conduct a thorough assessment of your accident, injuries, damages, and prognosis.
- We file a detailed claim with the liable party’s insurance carrier.
- We can represent you at trial, if necessary.
It is your right to have a lawyer that you choose to help you recover damages from a car accident.
We Are Car Accident Lawyers Serving Abilene
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help after many types of car accidents, including:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Head-on collision accidents and injury
- Hit and run accidents
- Fatigue-related accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- T-bone (broadside) collisions
- Defective parts accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Left-turn accidents
While you often cannot prevent an accident with a reckless and negligent driver from happening, you should not have to suffer the financial consequences.
We Also Accept Other Types of Vehicle Accident Cases
Cars share the road with all kinds of vehicles. A lawyer with our firm can help if your accident involves:
- Commercial vehicles
- Mopeds and scooters
- Uber & Lyft vehicles
We believe that you should not have to suffer financially from another person’s reckless act. You deserve to know your legal options. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation with a member of our team at (713) 850-8600.
Common Injuries in a Car Accident
As car accident lawyers, we have seen clients with a range of injuries, from moderate to life-threatening. We also know that too many car accidents end with a tragic loss of life.
Your first call should be for medical help. You can be injured without realizing it right away. Car accidents create a burst of adrenaline, and you might realize you are injured after the shock wears off.
Some of the more common injuries from a car accident include:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Lacerations from broken glass or debris
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Internal bleeding with organ damage or loss
- Broken ribs
- Cuts from broken glass or debris
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injuries including tears, sprains, and strains
This is not an exhaustive list of the types of injuries you can suffer, and you should always be checked by paramedics of a doctor following an accident. Not only will it ensure your own safety and health, but it will also serve as evidence that the crash caused your injuries if you decide to pursue financial recovery.
With Injuries There Are Financial Losses
If you know anything about emergency room visits or hospitals, you know that the bills quickly add up.
A car accident lawyer serving Abilene might be able to help you recover damages to pay for your expenses.
We talk to your doctor about the extent and severity of your injuries. We also collect evidence to support your case to show how the other party is liable.
This evidence might include:
- Police reports.
- Red-light or closed-circuit camera footage.
- Witness accounts.
- Photos taken at the accident site showing the final resting place of the vehicles, debris, skid marks, and other physical evidence.
- Documentation about the other party, such as driving record, previous accidents, and any drug or alcohol test results.
- Statements from you or passengers in your car.
In car accident cases, you have to prove the following four factors to show that the other driver is negligent:
- Duty of care: The driver owed it to you and other drivers on the road to drive safely and avoid accidents.
- Breach of duty: The driver neglected to follow their duty of care in some way, for example, by speeding, drunk driving, or otherwise acting negligently.
- Causation: This breach of duty caused the accident, or played a part in it.
- Damages: The accident caused your injuries, resulting in financial losses.
It is wise to assume that the other party will try to shift the liability onto you, to avoid financial responsibility for your injuries and damages.
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident
Your damages will be unique to your injuries and circumstances around the accident. Some people are surprised to learn that they can still recover damages even if they played a small role in the collision.
We have helped other car accident clients recover damages for expenses that include:
- Medical care and treatment
- Lost pay during the time you were injured
- Property damage
- Prescription drugs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of earning potential
- Lifecare costs
This is not a full list of awards you might be able to recover through negotiating with insurance companies or arguing your case in court. You could also be entitled to exemplary damages, which are awarded in especially egregious circumstances to punish the defendant.
You Have a Limited Time to Act
Texas law has imposed a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. The clock begins the second you are injured, and if you do not file within that time, you could forfeit your right to recovery through a lawsuit.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Case Evaluation
You could be entitled to damages for car accident injuries caused by someone’s negligence. We invite you to learn more about how a car accident lawyer serving Abilene may help you. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation with a team member at (713) 850-8600.