A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Abilene can protect and preserve your rights. He or she can also help pursue recovery for your injuries and damages on your behalf.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped clients who suffered from another person’s careless act or failure to act. We collect evidence, identify the liable party, and seek damages while you take the time to focus on your health and your loved ones.
You deserve to know your legal options. We invite you to call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a friendly team member.
Pursuing Recovery Is an Intricate Process
Texas has specific requirements for plaintiffs seeking damages from a liable defendant. It can be daunting to navigate this legal maze on your own, especially if you are not feeling well or if you are taking care of a loved one who was injured in the accident.
Commercial vehicle accidents tend to be more challenging than other types of traffic accidents. They may involve more than one liable party. They also could involve extensive injuries that could require legal and medical experts.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you seek recovery with a thorough process that protects your rights.
- Evaluate your injuries and damages.
- Identify all liable parties.
- Secure evidence, documentation, and testimony to build a case against the other party or parties.
- Communicate and negotiate with the insurance company.
- Prepare for trial if the other side will not negotiate in good faith.
You have the right to select a lawyer to represent you against the insurance company or liable defendant.
We May Help After Any Commercial Vehicle Accident
Commercial vehicles come in all sizes, but they are all dedicated to business or commercial use. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were approximately 37,500 accidents involving commercial vehicles in 2018.
Our firm accepts commercial vehicle accident cases that involve:
- Town cars
- Motor coaches
- Fleet cars
- 18-wheeler and semi trucks
- Large trucks
- Construction vehicles
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Abilene can help you recover damages for your medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
Causes of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
In our experience, there are several factors that lead to these types of accidents.
Commercial vehicle accidents may be caused by:
- Drunk driving (DWI)
- Driving with extreme fatigue or drowsiness
- Distracted driving (such as texting while driving)
- Hit and run
- Defective tire accidents
- Cargo-related accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Reckless driving
- Rear-end collisions
- Rollover accidents
You should not have to suffer financially for someone’s careless act. It is your right to pursue recovery for losses incurred as a result of an accident that you did not cause. For a free case evaluation with a member of our firm, call today: (713) 850-8600.
What Damages You Might Be Entitled to Receive
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ helps you recover damages that typically fall into two categories: general and special.
General damages are sometimes called noneconomic losses because they are intangible damages. Special damages are specific, tangible losses. Many commercial vehicle accident victims have both general and special damages.
Our lawyers can assess and identify damages unique to your case. These damages could include:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Lifecare expenses
- Property damage including temporary transportation
- Pain and suffering
Additional Damages for Complex Injuries
If you have extensive injuries that affect your ability to earn a living or need constant medical care, a lawyer might also seek damages for:
- Mental anguish
- Ongoing medical care
- Medical devices or equipment
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Do not hesitate to reach out to a lawyer for help. You only have to focus on getting better while we fight for you.
We Help Prove Liability After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Our lawyers can help determine who is liable for your injuries. This is an important factor if you want to pursue recovery.
Our process for establishing liability include:
- Determine how the other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable action to prevent injury.
- Demonstrate how the other party breached this duty (for example, driving too fast).
- Show how this breach directly caused your injuries.
- Prove that you have damages because of your accident-related injuries.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will use our resources to help you. We are unafraid to tackle complex cases.
When to Contact a Law Firm
Many commercial vehicle accidents are resolved without the need to go to court. Like other states, Texas has a statute of limitations that allow lawsuits to be filed within a defined time. Texas law gives you two years from the date you were injured to file a personal injury lawsuit.
It takes time to gather evidence, call witnesses, and other related tasks. That is why we encourage you to call us today to learn more.
Simple Recommended Steps After an Accident
Our legal team offers the following actions after a commercial vehicle accident:
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for rest, medication, or therapy.
- Keep all accident-related bills.
- Avoid talking to the insurance adjuster until you have a chance to speak with an attorney.
- Do not post photos or comments on social media.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Abilene may be able to help you or a loved one who suffered injuries due to someone’s negligence. You only have a limited time to take legal action, so please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation.
Call (713) 850-8600 to speak with one of our friendly team members.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Employers Responsible for When Their Employees Cause Car Accidents?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- What Does the USC Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover?
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?