If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident that you did not cause, you could be entitled to financial recovery. It is difficult to assess the gravity of your own accident, especially if you are recovering in the hospital or at home.
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Abilene can take an objective view of your injuries, damages, prognosis, and overall situation. This information can be invaluable if you want to pursue recovery from the responsible party.
A member of our team is happy to speak with you about our firm and legal services. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
Motorcycle Accidents Can Have Tragic Endings
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), over 5,000 motorcyclists passed away as a result of accidents in 2017. In Texas, 460 motorcycle riders were killed.
Motorcycles are unsurpassed for fuel economy, nimble handling, and sheer enjoyment on our state’s many roadways. However, motorcycle riders and passengers have little protection from careless motorists.
Motorcycle accidents also result in catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushed bones
- Amputated limbs
- Internal bleeding and organ loss
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Abilene may be able to help you and your family recover damages. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation with a member of our team at (713) 850-8600.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
There are several factors we must consider if you want to pursue recovery for your injuries. The first is to determine the cause of the accident.
In some cases, the cause is straightforward, such as a drunk driving accident. Other times, it could be helpful to have a lawyer who can investigate and determine liability on your behalf.
Our lawyers get to the cause of the accident using evidence that may include:
- Police or accident reports.
- Photos or videos of the accident scene, debris, and your damaged motorcycle.
- Input from your doctor about the extent and severity of your injuries, and your anticipated prognosis.
- Review of the driver’s history, previous violations, and other relevant information.
- Reconstruct the accident with subject matter experts, if necessary.
Hiring a law firm with the resources to devote the necessary time and energy to investigate your accident could be beneficial to you. This gives you the time you need to recuperate from your injuries or care for your loved one.
Duty of Care in a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycles are smaller than automobiles and can be difficult to see. However, this is no excuse for a careless driver who does not afford motorcyclists the same consideration as other vehicles.
A motorcycle accident lawyer will use the evidence he or she uncovers to determine liability. Liability is based upon certain conditions, including:
- Duty of care: The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in avoiding the accident and causing you bodily injury.
- Breach of care: The other party breached their duty of care in some fashion, such as following too closely or driving while intoxicated.
- Causation of injuries: The breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Damages: Your injuries caused financial and emotional damages.
Sometimes several parties played a direct or vicarious role in causing your injuries. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can build your case and help you pursue recovery and justice from all those responsible.
What You Might Recover
Through a personal injury lawsuit, you may be entitled to recover damages related to your injuries, which may include:
- Property damage including motorcycle repairs or replacement.
- Medical bills for ambulance, surgery, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, and other related costs.
- Rehabilitation and other follow-up care.
- Lost pay while you were at home or in the hospital.
- Reduced earning ability.
- Disability (either total or partial).
- Loss of consortium or companionship from physical or emotional injuries.
- Pain and suffering.
- Mental anguish.
If a loved one passed away in a motorcycle accident, you might benefit from filing a wrongful death suit against the party that caused the accident. In this case, you might be able to recover damages, including:
- Final medical bills
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial support
The first step in potential financial recovery is to understand your legal options. We offer free case evaluations at your home, the hospital, our office, or by telephone.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Cases We Handle
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC after any type of motorcycle accident, including those that involve:
- Head-on collisions
- Drunk drivers (DWI)
- Distracted drivers
- Drowsy drivers
- Lane change accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Forced off the road
- Potholes or dangerous road conditions
- Defective tires, parts, or repairs
We are happy to give you a free, honest evaluation of your case so that you can make an informed decision.
Why You Should Call Our Firm Today
You do not have to hire a lawyer to help you pursue recovery, but there might be some advantages if you do. Since 2002, our firm has been at work, helping victims get the financial recovery they need and are entitled to.
First, Texas has complex liability and negligence laws, and Texas law enforces a two-year deadline for filing personal injury lawsuits.
Second, we can represent you in negotiations with insurance companies to help get you a fair settlement. Most personal injuries settle outside of court. However, if the insurance company or negligent party will not offer you a fair settlement, we are prepared to take your case to trial to win a judgment.
Finally, a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Abilene can relieve you of the burden of pursuing recovery. You can rest and relax while your lawyer does the heavy lifting for you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation with a member of our team at (713) 850-8600. We pride ourselves on our accessibility to clients, and we want to help you earn a fair settlement.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?
- Can I Sue If I Was A Passenger In A Car Accident In Texas?
- What Is the Free Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- Are Drunk Driving Accidents Handled Differently Than Normal Car Accident Injury Cases?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?