A collision between a standard car and a truck can be disastrous, often because of the great disparity in size and mass between these two vehicles.
If you or a family member were injured in a truck accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to financial recovery. A truck accident lawyer serving Abilene can help you seek recovery for damages.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Considering a Truck Accident Lawyer
The average truck weighs anywhere from 3,850 to 5,000 pounds, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). That is why a collision between a truck and a car, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian has such devastating results.
If you are severely injured and facing a lengthy recovery period, the last thing you want to do is deal with an insurance adjuster. You do not have to have this additional pressure.
A truck accident lawyer serving Abilene can take care of the details to help you pursue recovery, including:
- Identify all liable parties, even those with a vicarious relationship to the defendant.
- Review your injuries with your healthcare provider to gain a better understanding of your situation.
- Assign a value for your damages.
- File a claim with the liable party’s insurance carrier.
- Negotiate on your behalf for the best possible outcome.
Our team may pursue recovery on your behalf while you focus on your health and your loved ones.
How Much Time You Have To Take Legal Action
Texas law limits the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. You have two years from the date you were injured to take legal action. You should know that some personal injury lawsuits may no longer be viable if you wait longer than the statute of limitation allows to file an action.
That is why we encourage you to call for a free case evaluation. You deserve to understand the legal options available to you. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today by dialing (713) 850-8600.
Choose a Firm That Accepts Truck Accidents
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped people who were hurt in truck accidents and other types of personal injury.
We have a diverse practice area that includes such cases as:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accident injuries
- Rollover accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tires, parts, or repairs
- Left-turn accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Accidents caused by dangerous road conditions or debris
- Trailer or cargo accidents
You do not have to go through the aftermath of a truck accident on your own. We are here to help.
How We Handle Truck Accident Cases
Seeking recovery for a truck accident is not as simple as filling out an insurance form. An insurance company’s initial offer may not appropriately cover the losses you endured as a result of your accident.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our firm understands how important recovering damages is to for you and your family.
When working on a personal injury case, we focus on three vital tasks:
- Investigation: We obtain evidence, documentation, and testimony to establish liability.
- Negotiation: We use this evidence to file a detailed claim and aggressively negotiate on your behalf.
- Litigation: Although many cases are resolved through insurance settlements, we are unafraid to take your case to trial if the insurance company denies your claim or is unwilling to negotiate.
Gathering Evidence and Establishing Liability
Accidents do not just happen. They are caused either by reckless behavior, failure to act, or intentional act. Even if the truck driver did not mean to harm you, the result is the same. That is why a truck accident lawyer needs to use evidence to show how the other party is liable.
Proving liability depends on certain conditions:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care to avoid injuring you by taking the same actions that any reasonable person would take.
- The truck driver breached this duty of care for some reason, such as drunk driving.
- This negligence breach caused you injuries
- You endured damages including medical bills, lost pay, and other accident-related losses.
Our lawyers can help you seek the financial recovery you may deserve. We aim to advocate for victims of severe accidents, such as those involving trucks, and we do not shy away from tough cases.
What Damages You May Qualify For
No two truck accidents–and the resulting injuries–are the same. While we cannot promise how your case will turn out, we do handle cases involving trucks, including commercial trucks.
Your recoverable damages could include:
- Medical bills, both past and future
- Lost pay wages
- Reduced earning ability due to your injuries
- Property damage
- Related costs (such as car rental or mileage from the doctor’s office to your home)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you have a complex case, our lawyers may consult with financial, medical, and vocational experts to evaluate damages.
Call for a Free Case Evaluation
A truck accident lawyer serving Abilene will stand up to the insurance company to protect your rights and help you recover damages for your losses. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. You can reach us at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- Can I Sue If My Hip Replacement Gets Infected?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- How Do You Respond to A Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?