Truck accidents can be devastating for the driver and passengers of the smaller vehicle involved. Those in the passenger car often suffer more severe injuries, and most large truck accident fatalities are passenger vehicle occupants, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a truck collision on United States Highway 75, State Highway 121, Exchange Parkway, or another roadway in Allen, TX, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can seek recovery for your medical expenses and more. Your truck accident lawyer serving Allen will aim to hold the negligent driver, trucking company, or another liable party financially accountable.
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Will Fight for You
You are dealing with a severe injury, caring for an injured loved one, or mourning the loss of a family member. That is enough for anyone to handle. You do not need the added burden of filing insurance claims or taking legal action. However, you do need to recover awards to pay for medical treatment and accident-related damages without risking your family’s financial future.
The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can step in and advocate for you. We will handle every detail of your insurance claim or lawsuit so that you can focus on your health and your loved ones. When you work with our firm, our attorneys, paralegals, and investigators will:
Investigate the Cause of Your Truck Accident
Driver error may have caused your truck accident. However, other factors can contribute to commercial vehicle accidents that make truck collision cases more complex than those involving passenger vehicles. Possible causes of truck accidents include:
- Violation of Federal Highway Administration truck size and weight limit laws
- Truck driver negligence, including speeding, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and driving distracted
- Violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)hours of service regulations, which limit drive times and mandate rests
- Truck maintenance issues
- Lack of safety equipment, such as underride guards
- Driver inexperience or lack of training
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo, resulting in loads falling or shifting
- Improperly attached tractor trailers
- Mishandling of hazardous cargo, such as chemicals or gasoline
- Faulty vehicle parts, such as brakes, lights, or tires
Identify Liable Parties
Multiple liable parties can further complicate truck accident cases. If a truck driver’s actions caused your injuries, they may be at fault, but their employer may also bear responsibility under a legal principle called “vicarious liability.” For example, the trucking company may owe you damages if they failed to verify their driver’s commercial license, failed to conduct drug and alcohol screenings, or set unreasonable delivery schedules.
If your accident involved vehicle issues, your case may also include the truck owner or the entity responsible for maintenance, both of which may be separate from the truck driver or trucking company. You may even have a case against a vehicle or auto parts manufacturer. Accidents caused by cargo issues may include claims against the owner or loader of the goods.
Another passenger car driver may be at fault if their negligent actions forced you or a truck driver to make a maneuver that resulted in your truck collision. Our truck accident lawyers serving Allen can evaluate your accident’s circumstances and file claims or lawsuits against all those responsible for your injuries.
Collect Case Evidence
To secure a financial recovery, you must prove that your injury stemmed from another party’s negligent actions. This may involve gathering information and records from various sources, including the trucking company. We can act quickly and send spoliation letters to ensure the preservation of evidence. To build your case, we may collect:
- The truck’s “black box” data recorder
- The truck driver’s driving records
- Drug and alcohol test results
- Driver logs
- Photographs of your damaged vehicle
- Photographs of your injuries
- Physical data from the scene of your collision
- Surveillance video
- Eyewitness statements
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
Aggressively Pursue the Recovery You Deserve
We want to give you the peace of mind of knowing you have the resources to take care of your current and ongoing health care needs. We also want to relieve the stress caused by a loss of income or other damages. Our lawyers will fight for fair recovery for:
- Medical bills, including transportation by ambulance, emergency room care, doctor and hospital bills, physical therapy, medications, medical equipment, and long-term health care services
- Lost wages, including the loss of your future earning potential if you can no longer work, must work fewer hours, or cannot perform the same job as before your accident
- Vehicle damages, including repair costs or the value of a replacement vehicle
- Pain and suffering, including awards for depression, mental anguish, physical pain, scarring, disfigurement, permanent or disabling injuries, and loss of enjoyment of life
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, eight people lost their lives in commercial motor vehicle accidents in Collin County in 2020. If your loved one sustained a fatal injury, you may recover wrongful death damages, including awards for your mental pain and suffering and loss of consortium. Our truck accident attorneys serving Allen can tell you more.
Do Not Wait Too Long to Get Started on Your Allen Truck Accident Case
You should file your insurance claim as soon as possible following your accident. A delay could cause the insurance company to allege your injuries did not stem from the accident. Furthermore, you want to leave ample time to take legal action if necessary.
Texas law allows two years to file a lawsuit to recover personal injury or wrongful death damages. The clock on the statute of limitations starts ticking at the time of your injury or your loved one’s passing. An expired statute could lead to the court throwing out your case or the insurance company reducing or denying your claim.
Reach Out to D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for Help After a Truck Accident in Allen
You do not have to take on the trucking company, the insurance company, or opposing legal counsel alone. Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ represent you so that you can focus on getting your life back on track. Find out more about working with a truck accident lawyer serving Allen by calling our offices for a free case evaluation.