If you were injured in a car accident, you could be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills, car repairs, and other damages. There are several steps that we recommend for our clients to achieve the best possible outcome, including:
- Get medical care if you have not already. Some injuries take a few hours or even a day to appear, so it is imperative that you see your healthcare provider.
- Follow your medical provider’s instructions (failure to do so may jeopardize potential recovery).
- Write or voice record a detailed account of what happened before, during, and after the accident.
- Please wait to speak with the insurance adjuster until you have a chance to talk to a member of our firm.
A car accident lawyer serving Alvin, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help you and your loved ones through the process of seeking financial recovery. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis.
For a free case evaluation of your car accident, call (713) 850-8600.
We Handle Many Types of Car Accidents
Our car accident lawyers serving Alvin, TX understand that this is a challenging time for you. You may be in the hospital or at home while you recover from your injuries. We know that you may be frustrated and angry that a reckless driver has caused you physical, emotional, and financial suffering.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many people who were injured in car accidents, including:
- Head-on collision accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- T-bone (broadside) collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Left-turn accidents
It is your legal right to pursue financial recovery from a negligent driver. We are ready to help you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Some of the car accident injuries that we have seen include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts from broken glass or debris
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Soft tissue injuries including tears, sprains, and strains
- Internal bleeding with organ damage or loss
- Emotional trauma
Injuries Lead to Medical Expenses
These injuries can quickly add up to unexpected medical bills. Even if you have health insurance, you still must pay deductibles and any out-of-pocket expenses that your policy does not cover.
When you add these expenses to your regular monthly bills, you could be faced with a severe shortfall.
We believe that you should not have to suffer financially along with your physical and emotional injuries. A car accident lawyer serving Alvin, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue recovery from the responsible party. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Your Potential Recovery for Car Accident Injuries
You may not realize the full impact of your injuries and damages. A car accident lawyer serving Alvin can take an objective analysis of not only your current losses but also those that may affect your future.
- Your injuries may prevent you from returning to your job. You may have to take a lesser-paying position, work part-time, or even be forced onto disability if you are severely injured.
- If you suffered a traumatic brain injury that left you physically and cognitively impaired, you will need months or even years of medical care, including physical therapy, speech therapy, and other treatment.
- Your home may need to be changed if you are confined to a wheelchair on a permanent basis (i.e., ramps and wider doorways).
- If you lost a family member in the car accident, your entire family may be affected if they were a primary breadwinner.
These are considerations that factor into an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will strive for a full and correct valuation so you may seek the financial recovery you deserve.
Common Damages in a Car Accident Case
Your case may be different, but often the following damages are part of an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Ambulance and emergency department care
- Hospital stays
- Doctors, specialists, nursing care, and therapists
- Prescriptions and medical equipment or necessary adaptations for your home
- Lost wages
- Potential salary reduction
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring or other disfigurements
- Loss of consortium
A member of our team will be happy to meet with you at a convenient location. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Proves Liability
It is common for negligent drivers to deny responsibility in an accident. Fortunately, a car accident lawyer serving Alvin, TX has other ways to determine who is primarily responsible for your injuries and damages.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will secure objective evidence and testimony to show:
- The other driver had a duty of care to you including the responsibility to obey traffic laws and take common-sense measures to avoid the accident.
- They breached this duty of care in some way that caused the accident.
- The accident caused your injuries.
- Your injuries resulted in financial losses that include medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Statute of Limitations for a Personal Injury Lawsuit
A car accident is considered a personal injury. Often these cases are resolved through a settlement with the liable driver’s insurance carrier. If this is not the case for you, a car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will prepare a compelling case for a judge or jury. Texas Civil Code Sec. 16.003 allows two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were over 14,000 serious injury crashes in 2017 in the state. If you are one of the many people who have been injured in a car accident this year, we invite you to call our firm for a free case evaluation. You may be entitled to financial recovery from a car accident. Call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- Is Lane Splitting Legal In Texas In 2019?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?