A car accident can change your life in minutes, leaving you with serious injuries, and facing a long recovery. It can also mean increasing medical bills and losing income. Yet, recovering damages can quickly turn into a long and tedious battle.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our car accident lawyers serving Amarillo never stop fighting for you. We have one goal: to resolve your case with the best possible outcome. During your free case evaluation, you can learn about how we can manage your case from start to finish.
The Benefits of Hiring Our Car Accident Lawyers Serving Amarillo
When you turn to our car accident team after your collision, we listen to your version of events with compassion. We also glean important details of the accident that help us build your case and establish your right to damages.
Our legal team will:
- Investigate the cause of your accident
- Read and review the accident report
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence
- Compile evidence that bolsters your case
- Consult expert witnesses as needed
- Communicate with all parties on your behalf
- Seek a favorable monetary settlement
If the insurer refuses to offer a fair and appropriate settlement, we will take the at-fault party to court. We will prepare evidence and keep fighting for the financial award you are entitled to recover.
Our Attorneys Serving Amarillo Can Prove Negligence
Texas allows us to pursue the at-fault driver when we can prove their negligent actions caused your accident. To meet that requirement, we document the required components of negligence.
Using evidence, we aim to establish the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their duty to provide such care
- That breach cCaused your physical injuries
- Caused your financial damages
We prove these components with your evidence file, which will contain:
- The car accident report
- Medical records
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Your own written statement
- Testimony from your healthcare team and accident reconstruction specialists
Evidence collection can be time-consuming and tedious. Let us handle it for you. With each document we collect, we aim to build a comprehensive, compelling case.
See Why Car Accident Clients Recommend Our Client-Oriented Law Firm
Every member of our personal injury team works hard to meet our clients’ goals and expectations. Previous clients say:
- Consuelo Dominguez: “I am so happy that I chose this law firm after my car accident. Odalis was assigned to my case, and she always provided me with updates on my medical treatment. I will recommend this law firm to my friends and family!”
- Dakota Garcia: “I was recently involved in a car accident and was referred to D. Miller & Associates. I was completely lost, and I had no idea what to do…The firm walked me through everything…The entire process was made easy…and I will recommend this firm to all my friends and family.”
Satisfied clients are always our goal. Learn more about what prompts previous clients to recommend our law firm by reading additional accolades on our client testimonials page.
Damages D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Pursues for You
After a car accident, we fight to recover two types of damages: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are easily quantified with bills, receipts, and estimates. They include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction expenses
- Diminished property value
Non-economic damages are more difficult to quantify on your own. That’s because they mostly relate to the trauma the collision caused. Your lawyer serving Amarillo can evaluate your situation and seek:
- Physical disability
- Physical disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
We also advocate for families who have lost loved ones. Recovery in a wrongful death case comprises funeral expenses, memorial expenses, lost income, and other damages.
Do Not Wait to Pursue Financial Recovery
It is never too early to get our personal injury law firm involved in your case. In fact, the sooner you contact our team, the more time we have to thoroughly investigate the accident.
Getting us involved sooner rather than later also means we have plenty of negotiating time and can ensure compliance with the Sstate’s statute of limitations. You generally have two years from the collision’s date to file your lawsuit, according to Texas law. The wrongful death statute of limitations is also generally two years, with the statutory clock beginning from the date of your loved one’s passing, according to the same statute.
We Advocate for People Who Have Suffered These Injuries in Amarillo Collisions
A car accident can result in injuries of varying degrees. Even a seemingly minor accident can cause significant injuries. According to Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) statistics, there were 14,660 vehicle occupants who suffered serious injuries in 2020.
Since 2002, we’ve advocated for people who have suffered these collision-related injuries:
- Soft-tissue injuries, such as whiplash
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Disfiguring injuries
- Limb amputations
- Traumatic brain injuries, such as concussions
- Back and spinal cord trauma
Your physical recovery matters to every D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® team member. Our car accident lawyers representing injured clients in Amarillo fight hard to ensure your case receives the attention to detail it deserves. We also fight to recover the cost of your medical care to promote a smooth physical recovery.
Contact Our Case Evaluation Team Today
If you or a family member was injured in an Amarillo car accident caused by a negligent driver, we will review the merits of your case at no cost to you. Our car accident lawyers will fight for you and the financial recovery you are entitled to receive. Contact one of our case evaluation team members at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to get started immediately.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- What Is Comparative Fault & How does It Work?
- How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident?
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?