At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we understand that victims of sexual abuse are dealing with physical and emotional trauma. When you have been a victim of sexual abuse, it is difficult to think about navigating the legal process on your own. Allow our sexual abuse lawyer serving Amarillo to handle the legal proceedings.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we can offer compassionate support throughout your case. You deserve justice after facing sexual abuse. Our firm can work to hold the abuser accountable and help you seek recovery.
How We Seek Justice for Our Amarillo Sexual Abuse Clients
Our personal injury lawyer serving Amarillo can handle all the legal details of your case. There are a variety of damages that we can claim for our clients. Your recoverable economic damages can make up for the out-of-pocket expenses you paid because of the abuse. We can also seek damages for your non-economic, or intangible losses. Some of these damages include:
- Medical costs: Any medical payments you made in relation to your abuse may be recoverable. This includes medications, doctor’s appointments, medical procedures, and mental health therapy.
- Lost income: You can recover the income you would have made if you had not needed to take time off work to heal.
- Diminished earning capacity: You may have had to leave your current job and accept a lower-paying one because of your injuries. If this is the case, financial recovery can cover your reduced earning capacity.
- Emotional trauma: Victims of sexual abuse are likely to face emotional anguish. You can receive financial recovery for your emotional suffering.
- Pain and suffering: Any physical pain and suffering brought on by your abuse may be recoverable.
By hiring our team of attorneys, you can begin working on your case and pursuing the damages you are entitled to. You can trust D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, with your case while you focus on recovery.
The legal system can become extremely complex. It is easy to overlook critical elements of your case, especially when experiencing emotional trauma. You deserve to work with a team that will provide high attention to detail.
What does Our Sexual Abuse Lawyer Serving Amarillo Do?
A sexual abuse lawyer can examine your case and ensure that we gather enough evidence to prove liability. When your hire D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we can help you with the following:
- Interviewing key witnesses
- Listening carefully to your story
- Providing confidentiality
- Speaking with other parties
- Fighting for justice
- Gathering evidence and preparing your case for trial
- Fighting for you in court
You can count on our team to fight for you every step of the way. We believe that all victims of sexual abuse deserve justice. We aim to make you feel as comfortable as you can to share the details of your case with us.
Why Hire D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® To Work on Your Sexual Abuse Case?
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® is proud of the recognition we have received for our work. Here are some of our awards, honors, and affiliations:
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – 10 Best Award for Client Satisfaction, 2017-2018
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100
- Small Business Community Association – Excellence Award
- Who’s Who Top Attorneys of North America Certified
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
When you choose D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, you can be confident that your case is being handled professionally. Since 2022, we have provided legal guidance to our clients. We know how to handle your sexual abuse case.
Who Can We Hold Liable in Your Amarillo Case?
We can gather evidence to prove that your abuser harmed you. This evidence includes photos and videos, witness statements, and your medical records. There could be more than one party who should be brought to justice. For example:
- We can hold the organization or institution that allowed the abuse to take place liable.
- Any party that was aware of the abuse and did nothing to stop it can be held liable.
- Your abuser’s employer could be held liable if this connection is relevant to your case.
Our team can work to seek justice from all liable parties involved in your sexual abuse case. We can file a lawsuit against more than one person to help you seek financial recovery from every party that contributed to your abuse.
Statute of Limitations for Sexual Abuse in Texas
The statute of limitations outlines the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. Failure to file within the statute of limitations could cause you to lose your chance to recover damages. When you contact our firm, we can explain the deadline you must adhere to. Our sexual abuse attorney can also explain any exceptions to the statute of limitations.
You should not hesitate to get started on your case. In some cases, evidence can be time sensitive. It could benefit you to get started right away so that all available evidence is accessible to our team.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Today to Work With Our Sexual Abuse Lawyer Serving Amarillo
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we take sexual abuse crimes especially seriously, as we will work tirelessly to provide you with the justice that you deserve. You can count on us to file all legal proceedings on time and work towards justice for your case.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today for a free consultation. We can begin investigating your case seek the financial recovery that you deserve. You can trust that your case is in good hands with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® on your side.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- Am I Allowed To Sue if I Was a Passenger in a Car Accident in Texas?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?