You have enough to deal with after losing a loved one in Arlington. Between funeral arrangements, final healthcare expenses, and your own grief, you don’t have time to manage a legal case. With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® on your side, you can focus on your well-being while we build your wrongful death case.
A fatal car accident lawyer serving Arlington from our firm can review your case and pursue a settlement. Today, you can start a free case evaluation where you can explore your options.
The Benefits of Partnering with Our Wrongful Death Team Serving Arlington
Every wrongful death case has one thing in common: knowledge of Texas law. As mentioned, you don’t have the time or energy to learn the law on your own. That’s where we come in. Our lawyers have years of experience advocating for people just like you.
Our lawyers serving Arlington can:
- Explain the intricacies of the law to you
- Communicate with those involved in your case
- Help you better understand your legal options
- Provide simple answers to your complex questions
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we know how painful it is to lose a loved one. We’re proud to support those dealing with fatal car accident cases. Our services are designed to make your life easier, not harder. While you take care of your family, we’ll get to work fighting for a fair financial recovery.
We Will Determine Who Should Pay for Your Wrongful Death-Related Losses
Liability is a crucial part of recovering damages. In a fatal car accident case, a liable party could be:
- Another motorist
- A trucker or trucking company
- A car manufacturer
- The negligent driver’s employer
- A government agency
This isn’t a complete list of potentially liable parties–and more than one party could bear liability for your losses. If so, we will pursue damages from everyone involved.
Establish That Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Loved One’s Passing
Pursuing damages requires us to prove negligence. This means showing:
- The other party had a duty of care: Drivers are responsible for keeping other road users safe. This responsibility is called a “duty of care.”
- Breach of duty: Next, we must show that another party’s breach of duty caused your collision. A breach involves any negligent behavior, such as driving while intoxicated.
- Causation: To succeed in a fatal car accident case, you must establish a clear link between another party’s breach of duty and the collision.
- Damages: Finally, we must show that you incurred various losses because of your loved one’s fatal collision. Losses could include final healthcare expenses, income loss, and more.
Proving Negligence Requires Us to Use Evidence
To highlight the liable party’s negligence, you need evidence. Using our investigative resources, we will find and use the following to support your case:
- Your loved one’s medical records
- Traffic camera footage of the accident
- Witness testimony
- Expert statements and analysis
- Other pieces of evidence relevant to your case
Damages Available to Fatal Car Accident Claimants in Arlington, Texas
We know that a settlement can’t bring your loved one back after a fatal car accident. However, winning a settlement can offer you closure, and it can provide financial security. Compensable losses in your wrongful death case may comprise:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to the passing of your loved one
- The loss of a close relationship (known as “loss of consortium”)
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
We Hope to Resolve Your Case Through an Insurance Claim
Your fatal car accident case may necessitate insurance negotiations. This is a risky process, fraught with pitfalls. The at-fault party’s insurer may encourage you to settle as low as possible. It may also:
- Offer you a quick but low-value settlement
- Use your recorded statements against you
- Deny your claim
- Delay your case’s progression
Our team is familiar with the tactics that car accident insurers employ. If you hire us, we’ll manage insurance communications, so you don’t have to. After a fatal car accident, you deserve time to rest and reflect. We’ll manage everything else.
We’re Prepared to Present Your Fatal Car Accident’s Lawsuit
Fatal car accident lawsuits have a two-year deadline, per Texas law. This means you have a limited time from the date of your loved one’s passing to file your lawsuit. The civil court system will refuse your case if it’s filed too late.
Our team can manage your case’s deadline and pursue what you need. Yet, we need ample time to gather evidence and file your case. So, we encourage you to consider your legal options as soon as possible.
Our Client-Centered Firm Advocates for Grieving and Injured Families
We pride ourselves on offering a seamless and hassle-free legal experience to our car accident clients. This is what they’ve said about working with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®:
- “Great experience and good customer service from the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC team. They answered every single question I had over my car accident.
I am happy with my settlement and I would recommend D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to everyone. Thank you again to everyone on the team that took care of me and my case.” – Luz M.
- “D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family after my car accident two years ago. They got me the medical care I needed took care of things when I couldn’t take care of them have been very helpful in this whole process. If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t these are the people who look to.” – Amber W.
We hope that these comments give you confidence about the legal process. You are our number one priority when you partner with our fatal accident lawyers.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation with Our Car Accident Lawyers Serving Arlington
Our lawyers are here to make sure that you meet your case’s relevant deadlines. We can review your case for free and answer any lingering questions you may have. To consult with our team, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®.