The large size of most commercial trucks puts parties involved in an accident at risk of severe injuries. In fact, many commercial truck accidents can lead to broken bones, spinal cord damage, and traumatic brain injuries for the accident victim. If you’ve been hit by a commercial truck and negligence was the cause, our commercial truck accident lawyer serving Arlington may be able to help you make a financial recovery.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC® has been fighting for accident victims’ rights since 2002. If a commercial truck accident that you didn’t cause is negatively impacting your life, we want to help. You have a legal right to demand damages from negligent parties in a commercial truck accident.
What Can Our Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Arlington Do for You?
The most important thing a commercial truck accident lawyer from our firm can do for you is fight for your best interests. When you hire our personal injury lawyer serving Arlington, we will fight for a settlement that makes up for all of your injuries and accident-related losses.
We can handle every aspect of your case, so you will have time to attend doctor’s appointments and focus on your recovery. We will:
- Gather evidence that proves negligence and liability in your case
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf with the insurance company
- Correctly file all the paperwork needed for your case
- Fight for you at trial if we can’t reach a settlement with the negligent driver’s insurance company
Our team prioritizes being there for our clients. In addition to being available to our clients via telephone or email, we even hold Facebook livestream meetings to answer any of your questions. When you hire a commercial truck accident lawyer from our firm, you’ll get an attorney whose top priority is your well-being. We’re here to prove negligence as the cause of your accident and hold the negligent party financially accountable.
What Are the Damages You Could Recover in a Commercial Truck Accident Case?
Our commercial truck accident attorneys serving Arlington, Texas have a mission to help you recover the damages you deserve after an accident. We understand that truck accidents can have a devastating impact on many areas of your life.
Examples of the damages we’ll demand for you include:
- Medical expenses like medications, ambulance trips, doctor’s appointments, and hospital stays
- Property damage, such as the cost of repairing your vehicle or its replacement value if the repair costs exceed the vehicle’s estimated value
- Lost income
If your accident leaves you permanently disabled or prevents you from ever returning to work, our commercial truck accident lawyers will work with you, your medical professionals, and financial consultants to formulate a damage demand that will reflect the severity of your ongoing injuries.
Who Is Liable in a Commercial Truck Accident?
Truck accident cases can have one, or several different liable parties. If your accident was caused by negligence on the truck driver’s behalf, such as by speeding, driving under the influence, or driving distracted, the driver likely bears responsibility. However, the driver’s employer could also be liable for their actions. That means our truck accident attorneys will seek to hold the driver’s employer financially accountable for the damages in your accident, as well.
There may be other contributing causes to a truck accident. There can be cases where faulty equipment, such as airbag malfunctions and exploding tires cause an accident. Our truck accident lawyers will take a complete look at the circumstances surrounding your accident to find the liable parties. No matter who they are, from the trucking company to the vehicle manufacturer, or both, we will hold them accountable and demand damages on your behalf.
Proving Negligence in Arlington Commercial Truck Accident Cases
We can prove the other party’s negligence was the reason you were injured. This allows us to pursue a settlement from them and hold them accountable for the accident. The elements of negligence include:
- Duty of care: Commercial truck drivers have a duty of care to operate their vehicles with the utmost care and concern for the drivers and pedestrians around them. That means following road rules like obeying the speed limit, only driving with proper rest, and ensuring their truck’s safety equipment is in proper working order.
- Failure to uphold the duty of care: Our commercial truck accident lawyers can gather evidence that will show the truck driver failed to uphold their duty of care in some way. Speeding, for example, is a breach of the liable party’s duty of care.
- Causation: You must also be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the commercial truck driver’s failure to uphold their duty of care is the cause of your accident.
- Damages: Finally, you are required to demonstrate that the negligent driver’s failure to uphold their duty of care not only caused your accident, but also caused you to incur damages.
If you trust us with your case, our commercial truck accident lawyers will fight for the financial recovery you deserve. We can investigate your case, gather evidence, reference witness testimony, and speak to expert witnesses to prove you did not cause the commercial truck accident.
Talk to Us About Your Commercial Truck Accident in Arlington Today
If you’re dealing with the fallout of a commercial truck accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® is here to help you. We can build a case that demonstrates your need for financial recovery. You are not alone in your pursuit of justice.
If you have questions about your truck accident case, we want to give you the information you need. Contact our commercial truck accident team for a free case evaluation. Don’t wait to get started. We can explain your legal options when you contact us today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue the Mechanic of an Auto Repair Shop for Negligence?
- How Much Should You Expect in a Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?
- What Is The Most Common Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?