Were you injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle? You might be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Commercial vehicle owners and operators must have insurance for bodily injury and property damage. The process, however, is not always as simple as filing a claim against the other party’s insurance policy.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can answer your questions about claims and potential legal action. We invite you to call us at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Accept Commercial Vehicle Accident Cases
Commercial vehicles refer to vehicles used by companies entirely for business purposes, including:
- Fleet cars
- 18 wheelers and semi-trucks
- Town cars
Commercial vehicle accidents tend to be more involved than other kinds of traffic accidents. They may have several defendants, and there are often direct or vicarious relationships between the owners, operators, and end-users.
What We Do for Commercial Vehicle Accident Victims and Their Families
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help your case in a number of different ways:
- We sort through the various insurance policies and their respective coverage.
- We identify all liable parties.
- We take care of communicating with these liable parties.
- We collect evidence, secure testimony, and compile documentation to build a case against the defendant(s).
- We negotiate an acceptable settlement, or we can take your case to trial if necessary.
- We protect surviving family members who lost a loved one in the accident by filing a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
You deserve a strong, legal advocate by your side as you fight for recoverable damages and justice. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How We Help You Seek Financial Recovery
Most people do not think about negligence laws until they are injured by someone’s reckless act. Fortunately, our lawyers have a deep understanding of our state’s complicated statutes so that we may help injured and disabled victims fight for recoverable damages.
If we move forward as your legal representative, our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will start building a compelling case by:
- Securing photos, videos, onboard digital information, and other evidence from the accident scene and involved vehicles.
- Obtaining witness statements.
- Consulting with experts that may include doctors, traffic engineers, and accident specialists.
- Requesting information from your doctor that includes details about your injuries and how they affect your life now and in the future.
- Reviewing the defendant’s driving record, training, and prior violations or accidents.
Our thorough process begins with a free case evaluation. A member of our team will honestly assess your situation, giving you the information you need to make an appropriate decision for you and your family.
We Help You Recover Damages on a Contingency Basis
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help you recover damages on a contingency basis. We focus our efforts on obtaining financial recovery so you can focus on feeling better.
You should know that Texas limits legal action for personal injury lawsuits. According to Texas Statutes §16.001, you have two years from the date of the accident. While this sounds like plenty of time, your lawyer may need time to try to negotiate a settlement with an insurer beforehand.
We try to negotiate an insurance settlement, but if the other side does not act in good faith, we remain prepared to take your case to trial.
What You Might Recover
We gather evidence to prove that the other party is primarily responsible for your injuries, which may result in financial awards for:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Prescription medicine and medical equipment
- Lost pay while you were recovering from injuries
- Rental cars, car repair, and other property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Depending on your injuries and prognosis, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also seek an award for:
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of consortium or companionship
We make a careful valuation of your damages to ensure that you have a fair outcome.
We Accept Many Kinds of Accidents and Personal Injury Cases
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has several lawyers on our team. You will be assigned to one of these lawyers, and we help with commercial vehicle accidents that involve:
- Distracted driving accidents (such as texting while driving)
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents
- Driving while high or under the influence of drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Left-turn accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rear-end collisions
- Hit and run accidents
Our firm also accepts:
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheel and semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Scooter and moped accidents
- Wrongful death
You have nothing to lose by calling for a free case evaluation. Working with a lawyer may relieve you of the burden of dealing with insurance adjusters and help you achieve a fair offer based on the circumstances of your case.
Proving Liability in a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Commercial vehicles often include 18-wheel trucks, which can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), all commercial drivers must carry a specific license and have specialized training to operate such large trucks that can prove dangerous to other drivers on the road.
A lawyer may help prove the commercial vehicle driver neglected to afford you a duty of care on the road, and that through the commercial driver’s failure to take necessary precautions, the accident occurred through no fault of your own.
Consider a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
If you are involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle, find out about your legal options for recovering damages. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.