Truck accidents are among the most serious types of motor vehicle accidents. The impact with a large truck generally results in serious injuries and property damage.
If you were involved in a truck accident, you might be entitled to financial recovery from the responsible party. A truck accident lawyer serving Arlington, TX works on a contingency basis to get you the recovery you may be qualified to receive. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC invites you to call our firm at 713-850-8600, for a free case evaluation.
Get Medical Attention First and Then Seek Legal Advice
Several truck routes wind their way through Arlington. With more trucks on the road, there are increased risks for accidents. Truck accidents occur in only a few seconds, but their impact can change your life forever. If you have been in an accident and have not been examined by a medical professional, please do so at once. Some injuries, such as a concussion or soft tissue damage, may not be clear right away. Only a medical professional can accurately assess you for injuries.
If you have seen your doctor, please follow their instructions. Depending on your injuries, you may need rehabilitative or physical therapy, surgery, or other treatment. Medical costs quickly add up. Health insurance only covers part of the expense — if it even covers your injuries — leaving you to pay for deductibles or out-of-network care.
Why You Should Call a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Arlington, TX
You want to call a member of our team for many reasons, including:
- We hold negligent or reckless drivers accountable
- Medical bills quickly add up and health insurance may not cover all of your expenses
- Some truck accidents result in lifelong disability, which reduces income and quality of life
- A large truck can make a standard passenger car undrivable, leading to costly repairs or replacement
- Texas liability laws are complex, even when trucks are involved
- Insurance companies can make it difficult for plaintiffs to collect on a claim
It does not cost you anything to call one of our injury lawyers serving Arlington .D. Miller & Associates, PLLC invites you to call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation. You have the right to hire a truck accident lawyer to help seek financial recovery from the liable party.
What Kind of Recovery Might You Be Entitled to Receive from a Truck Accident?
Depending on the facts of your case, you may qualify for financial recovery. If you qualify, we will file a claim against the truck driver’s insurance company.
A truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help seek financial recovery based upon the severity of your injuries, damages, and your expected medical prognosis. Common types of damages from a truck accident in Arlington may include:
- Medical bills (ambulance, hospital, prescriptions, and other related expenses)
- Reimbursement for reduced earning ability because of injuries
- Lost wages
- Car repair or replacement
- Car rental or reimbursement for alternative transportation
- Private property damage
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Please keep all your receipts and document such things as the mileage traveled when going to the doctor, pharmacy, and your home. You would be surprised how this extra travel adds up, particularly if you must rent a car in the event your car is too damaged to drive.
How a Truck Accident Attorney Determines if You Qualify for Recovery
We determine if you are entitled to recovery based on the following factors:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care to be a responsible, safe, and legal driver
- The truck driver breached this duty of care in some way (for example, speeding or driving while impaired).
- You were injured as a direct result of the accident
- These injuries led to damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses
You should not have to pay medical bills for a careless driver’s negligence. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What to Do If the Truck Driver Denies Responsibility
It is our experience, as truck accident lawyers serving Arlington, TX, that some drivers will not accept responsibility for causing the accident and your injuries. Fortunately, we handle many types of truck accident cases and will do our best to represent you.
There are several ways that a truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can show that the driver is responsible for the accident. We evaluate many factors of your case, including:
- Police reports
- Medical evaluation of your injuries
- Witness statements
- Red-light cameras or other photographic evidence from the accident
- Skid marks, damage to cars, and final location of vehicles after the accident
Our team of lawyers, associates, and investigators will carefully review and document the accident. It is our goal to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive.
Get Started Today
In Texas, you can file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident. It will be very difficult to file a lawsuit after this time period has passed.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to find out if you qualify for financial recovery: 713-850-8600. You should not have to deal with the insurance company while you are recuperating from your injuries.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have To File a Lawsuit To Recover Damages From an Auto Accident In Texas?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- How Do You Know If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Medical Device?
- How Do You Respond to A Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?