You did not have the choice to be a bus accident victim, but you do have a choice when it comes to pursuing compensation if you are eligible. You deserve to know your legal options. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is a bus accident law firm serving Atascocita, TX. We have recovered more than $250 million for our clients. We invite you to call our office at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Handle all Kinds of Bus Accidents
There were 116,000 bus accidents with injuries in 2016 according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). As bus accident lawyers serving Atascocita, our firm handles clients who were injured by:
- City buses
- School buses
- Motorcoach tour buses
- Intrastate buses
- Church and other institutional buses
How a Bus Accident Lawyer Serving Atascocita Helps You:
- We evaluate your case for free and provide personal attention throughout the claim process.
- We handle all communication and transactions with the other party’s insurance company.
- We negotiate for the maximum compensation you are entitled to recover.
- We take care of the paperwork, phone calls, and emails so you may concentrate on feeling better.
- We do not charge attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation.
You Can Pursue Compensation for Different Kinds of Damages
You might think that damages refer only to property, such as your car or personal items. However, Texas law recognizes compensatory damages in economic and noneconomic terms. That is why you should talk to a bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We have successfully recovered more than $250 million in settlements and verdicts for other injured clients. For your free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
You Might Be Eligible for Some of these Compensatory Damages
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced or lost earning ability
- Property damage
- Car repair, rental, or replacement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Mental anguish
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Stands up to Insurance Companies
You should not speak to an insurance adjuster about the details of your accident or your claim without legal advice from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Why? Because our firm has represented injured and disabled men and women since our founding in 2002, and we understand the process. Too often, the other party’s insurance company tries to settle as cheaply and quickly as possible. They use scare tactics and put a lot of pressure on you to settle. We do not think this is fair.
We Conduct a Review of Your Accident to Determine Liability
Commercial, city, and school buses must keep safety and maintenance records. An attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will request available records and conduct a review of your accident to determine liability. This review might include:
- Reading police reports, witness statements, and other pertinent documents.
- Interviewing witnesses if needed.
- Viewing traffic camera footage and amateur videos or photographs if available.
- Collecting your medical report and talking with your doctor.
As bus accident lawyers serving injured clients in Atascocita, it is our goal to maximize potential compensation as quickly and smoothly as possible. To get started on your claim, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What You Should Know About Modified Comparative Negligence Laws
Texas has a modified comparative negligence statute that allows you to seek compensation even if you partly at-fault. If you are less than 51 percent responsible for the bus accident, you have the right to seek compensation. This compensation will be deducted by whatever percent for which you are liable. Obviously, if the bus driver is found entirely at-fault, you can seek 100 percent of recoverable compensation.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents
According to a 2010 safety study for the Florida Department of Transportation, fatigue was a leading contributor in transit bus accidents. Other potential factors in bus accidents are:
- Alcohol or drug use
- Poor training
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Interior distractions (for example, loud and crowded bus)
- Exterior distractions (for example, roadwork)
- Mechanical failure
The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to help you. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Bus Accidents Can Take Innocent People’s Lives
Most buses are not required to supply passenger seat belts. This includes most school buses that weigh over 10,000 pounds. Fatal school bus accidents accounted for 1,282 deaths between 2007 and 2016. In 2018, a middle school student in Mesquite, Texas lost her life, and many children were injured when the school bus driver lost control. As bus accident lawyers serving Atascocita, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek compensation from the driver, owner, and any other party who may be responsible for injury or loss of life.
Three Kinds of Liability:
- Direct liability is the person or party responsible for the accident.
- Vicarious liability is a person or party who is liable through a specific relationship.
- Respondeat superior can hold an employer responsible for an employee’s actions.
We Will Prepare for Trial if Necessary
As our client, the firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will vigorously pursue the compensation you are entitled to receive. Our first action typically begins with seeking compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. However, our team of trial lawyers will not hesitate to go to court if we cannot reach a fair settlement. Texas allows two years from the date of the accident to file a bus accident lawsuit.
Call the Law Firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Today
If you were injured in a bus accident in Atascocita, call for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600. You pay no attorney fees if no recovery.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Not Wearing A Helmet Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Injury Case In Texas?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- The Woodlands Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer