If a negligent motorist caused your bicycle accident, Texas laws allow you to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to hold them responsible for your economic and non-economic damages. This is true no matter where your accident occurred, even if it happened on a public road or in a parking lot. Drivers everywhere have a responsibility to share the road with bicycles and help keep riders safe.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our legal team can help you take legal action and go after the full value of your losses from the party who caused your crash. We can identify the at-fault driver and other liable parties and collect evidence to prove your case. We will file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf, fighting for the compensation you need and deserve.
We offer free case reviews and you pay no legal fees unless we recover a payout for you. Call us today at 713-850-8600 to get started with a bicycle accident lawyer in Beaumont.
How Can I Recover My Damages After a Bicycle Accident?
The type of damages we can recover for you depends on your losses and the other facts of your case. The severity of your crash and your injuries will greatly impact how much your bicycle accident claim is worth. If, for instance, you suffered a brain injury, our attorneys would fight for compensation to pay for the long-term care you will likely need for years to come. Since cyclists commonly suffer severe injuries like this in accidents involving a vehicle, your damages could be substantial.
During your initial consultation, we can help you understand the losses we may be able to help you recover through the claims process. Some of the most common damages our clients receive include:
- Medical expenses, including rehabilitation and prescription medications;
- Future and ongoing care costs;
- Lost wages for the work you miss;
- Future lost income and benefits, if you cannot return to your job;
- Out-of-pocket costs related to the accident;
- Repair or replacement of your bike;
- Pain and suffering damages; and
- Wrongful death damages, if you lost a loved one in a fatal bicycle accident.
It is impossible to know the full value of your case until we conduct a full investigation. As a part of handling your insurance claim or lawsuit, we will identify all possible damages and collect documentation to prove how much you lost. Often, these cases are worth much more than our clients think. If we can collect enough evidence to build a solid case on your behalf, we can recover the maximum payout based on your losses.
What Is the Bicycle Accident Claims Process Like?
In most cases, we can recover the compensation due to an accident victim by filing a third-party liability insurance claim based on the at-fault driver’s auto insurance policy.
This can be a complex and stressful process. While many people manage this on their own, having the assistance of an experienced lawyer can help. When we handle your claim for you, we can reduce your stress and often help you recover more compensation than you could on your own. We will manage the entire process for you, collecting all possible evidence against the negligent driver and proving your full range of losses.
We will also handle all communications with the insurance company or legal team representing the at-fault motorist. This protects your rights, ensuring your ability to recover fair compensation remains intact. Some insurance companies use nefarious tactics to reduce your payout or bar you from recovering any compensation at all. We can identify these attempts and prevent them from endangering your case.
We can usually negotiate a fair settlement for our clients without taking their case to court. When faced with the evidence we present, most insurance companies will work with us, concede the policy holder caused your accident and injuries, and agree to a fair payout. If the insurance company in your case refuses, we can file a personal injury lawsuit and ask the judge to award you damages.
How Do I Prove a Negligent Motorist Caused My Accident and Injuries?
Negligence plays a key role in all Texas bicycle accident claims. To win an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, we must prove the driver who caused your crash acted negligently and this led to your injuries. Proving negligence requires providing evidence to show four things were true about your accident:
- The at-fault motorist had a responsibility to follow all traffic laws and laws to protect cyclists;
- The driver broke one of these laws or acted in an unreasonable and reckless way;
- Their action or lack of action caused the accident that resulted in your injuries; and
- You suffered physical, emotional, and financial damages because of this accident.
We will identify and collect all available evidence to build a solid case against the at-fault driver. We may call in an accident reconstruction specialist to help us understand exactly what happened and why. In addition, we will analyze other evidence, like:
- The police report of the accident;
- Any witnesses statements;
- Video of the crash from a helmet cam, dash cam, or surveillance camera at a local business;
- Pictures of the scene before, during, and after the accident;
- Your medical records and other proof of your injuries; and
- Medical bills and receipts to demonstrate your damages.
How Can I Speak to a Beaumont Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today?
If you suffered injuries in a bicycle accident in Beaumont, the attorneys from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you hold the at-fault driver financially accountable. We may even be able to help you recover compensation after a hit-and-run bike crash, if we can identify the liable driver or if you carry an uninsured/underinsured motorist policy.
We offer free case reviews and consultations and handle all personal injury cases on a contingency basis. Call our office today at 713-850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?
- Can I Sue If I Was A Passenger In A Car Accident In Texas?
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?