Accidents are usually caused by a reckless driver. They can also be caused by a manufacturer’s defect or product liability, but this is less common.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX, can help you recover damages if you were injured in a collision that was not your fault. We can explain your legal options and protect your rights.
You have a limited time to take legal action, so please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
What to Expect from a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
We understand that your life after an accident is chaotic. You might have suffered extensive injuries that need follow-up care. Collisions are painful and they disrupt everything in your life. Suddenly, you have unexpected medical bills. You might not be able to pick your child up from school or daycare.
An accident takes you on a journey that you did not plan, but the good news is that we are here to help.
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can pursue financial recovery while you recover from your injuries.
Here are just a few of our services:
- Free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, our office, or by telephone.
- Once we are officially your legal team, we thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident to find out who is liable for your damages.
- Assess your damages based on analysis of your physical and emotional injuries.
- File an insurance claim against the liable party’s coverage.
- Take your case to trial if the other party refuses to negotiate in good faith.
It is our goal to keep your time and energy involvement to a minimum. Your focus should be on resting and recovering from your injuries.
If you are ready to find out more about potential recovery, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Take Commercial Vehicle Accident Cases
An accident involving a commercial vehicle—any car, truck, or van used entirely for commercial or business purposes—can become complex. There can be several liable parties. We need proof that it is highly likely that these parties caused your injuries.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has taken on countless liable parties and recovered damages for our clients. We cannot promise the outcome of your individual case, but we are here for you 24/7 with personalized legal services.
Our practice area includes:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Driving under the influence of drugs (both prescription and street drugs)
- Falling asleep at the wheel (drowsy driving) accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rear-end collisions
- Defective tire tread, parts, or repairs
- Distracted driving accidents (for example, texting while driving)
- Hit and run accidents
The most important action you can take after any kind of accident is to see your doctor. Please follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations. This is for your best health and to avoid any questions about your injuries by the insurance adjuster.
How We Pursue Damages
Our legal team is prepared to thoroughly examine the accident, your injuries, and your damages.
We start by listening to your version of events. However, we know that the shock of the accident, combined with your injuries, can make a clear and detailed account more difficult.
That is why we follow a careful process to uncover the facts and liable parties.
This process might include:
- Obtaining a statement from the defendant
- Reading police reports
- Gathering witness testimony
- Talking to your doctor about your injuries and how they affect your life today and in the future
- Examining photos, videos, and physical evidence from the accident
- Requesting the defendant’s driving history, safety record, and training background
- Consulting an accident recreationist if necessary
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is assigned to your case and keeps you informed. We invite you to get started with a free case evaluation by calling (713) 850-8600.
When You Should Call Us
There are several reasons why we recommend that you call for a free case evaluation soon.
Insurance Companies Look for Excuses to Avoid Paying
Insurance adjusters may be suspicious of a lengthy delay between the date of the accident and when you file a claim. Insurance claims can become quite complex, and most people are not comfortable with the fine print and legal language on their own policy or the other party’s policy.
Evidence Can Disappear
When it comes to evidence and showing liability, it is best that you call us sooner rather than later. Evidence can erode or be removed. Witnesses’ recollections tend to be clouded over time.
Texas Statute of Limitations
Finally, personal injury lawsuits have a statute of limitations of two years from the date you were injured, according to Sec. 16.003 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code. That is not a lot of time to prepare a strong and compelling case.
We advise that you call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC as soon as you are feeling well enough to talk.
What Damages Could Be Recovered
Commercial vehicle accidents often involve two kinds of compensatory damages: general and special.
A lawyer with our firm will carefully evaluate your losses and seek recovery that might include:
- Property damage, including temporary transportation
- Medical care and treatment
- Lost pay
- Mental anguish, pain and suffering
- Diminished earning ability if disabled
- Loss of consortium or companionship
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Contact a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Brazoria County, TX, for Legal Help
You do not have to go through the aftermath of an accident on your own. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to help. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600 today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- What Qualifies as a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?