As 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers serving Brookshire, TX, some of the worst injuries we have seen are from a collision between one of these huge trucks and a standard vehicle. It is all too common for the car’s driver and occupants to be severely injured or lose their lives.
After this type of accident, you want a lawyer who will accurately assess your injuries and damages. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We offer case evaluations, and we are available to meet you. If you are not able to meet at our office, we can arrange to meet with you wherever it is most convenient.
Why You Should Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Brookshire, TX, Right Away
Commercial trucking companies and their drivers must obey federal regulations that are designed to reduce potential accidents. Unfortunately, some employers and drivers cut corners to be more profitable. They might exceed cargo weight limits or encourage drivers to ignore mandatory rest periods. If a company is that unscrupulous, imagine how difficult it could be for you to obtain financial recovery from the company or their insurance carrier.
That is why you should call an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. We strongly recommend against speaking with the truck company’s insurance adjuster until a lawyer reviews your case for these reasons:
- The insurance company may try to pressure you into making a rushed decision and accept a settlement that is inadequate given your injuries and damages.
- Most insurance settlements require you to remain silent about the terms and conditions, which means that the company does not have to admit liability or wrongdoing.
- Most people do not have a strong enough knowledge of liability laws to fully protect their rights.
- Many oversized truck accidents result in severe injury; you should have the time to recuperate and feel better without the stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
- You may say something that jeopardizes your right to financial recovery.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a case evaluation. We will protect your rights and seek financial recovery on your behalf.
How an 18-Wheeler Lawyer on Our Team May Obtain Financial Recovery
It is rare that an accident between a gigantic commercial semi truck and a car will be a minor collision. It is far more likely that you could be injured and unable to work while you recuperate. If this happens to you, how will you pay your medical bills and rent?
It is your legal right to pursue recovery from a careless driver who caused you injury and monetary loss. According to Texas law, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. We have helped clients in similar situations recover damages that include:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Hospitalization including surgery, recovery, and doctors’ visits
- Rehabilitative therapy and treatment if necessary
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage, including temporary transportation and car repair or replacement
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX, from our firm will pursue the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive. Please call today for a case evaluation.
Our Personal Injury Firm Has Helped Injury Clients Throughout Texas
You can rely on D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, to go after the financial recovery you or your family member needs after a truck accident. In doing so, we want to ensure you are well-taken care of and always in the loop.
No one can speak to how we operate better than our clients. Check out some of their testimonials:
- “I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” Wayne P.
- “Helped me when I could find no one. THANK YOU We Are SO GRATEFUL. They are very in depth, professional, flawless responsibility to each client. Superior character. Making one feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire ordeal. What an exceptional experience. A genuine concern and care for their clients.” Sherry C.
Our staff is standing by to hear your story. We cannot guarantee the amount of financial recovery we can obtain for you, but we will fight for every cent to which you are entitled.
How a Lawyer at Our Firm Proves Fault and Liability
Most of the time, a careless driver will not admit that they caused the accident. That is why you should consider having an 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer act on your behalf. A lawyer from our firm will carefully examine the evidence (photos and videos, eyewitness testimony, police reports, etc.) to determine liability.
We will establish the following to prove liability:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to obey federal trucking regulations and take reasonable measures to avoid the accident.
- The driver breached this duty of care for some reason (for example, improper tire inflation or drowsy driving).
Then, we will show his intentional or reckless action caused you to be injured and accrue damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Consult a Lawyer Who has Helped Other Truck Accident Plaintiffs
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless people who are injured or disabled because of others’ negligence.
Our lawyers are familiar with many types of truck and motor vehicle accident cases, including:
- Head-on and rear-end collisions
- Jackknife and/or spilled cargo
- Defective parts or repairs
- Large commercial trucks and trailers
- Multiple-vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving with injuries
We also handle:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped, bicycle, and scooter accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
What to Do in the Days and Weeks Following a Truck Accident in Brookshire, TX
Of course, your lawyer will handle every aspect of your 18-wheeler and semi truck accident case, but there are some things you can do to protect its value, too.
You may want to consider:
Getting Medical Help
You might have consulted a doctor shortly after the accident. If you haven’t, please do so right away. They will conduct a physical exam, diagnose your injuries, and start treating them. The longer you put off visiting a doctor, you risk two things:
- Your condition worsening
- The other party’s insurance company claiming that your injuries weren’t that severe or that something else triggered them
Both of these outcomes could give the insurer a basis for undervaluing your claim or refusing to pay it out altogether.
Following Through with Your Doctor’s Orders
Your physician may create a plan for your treatment. It is crucial for you to follow it exactly as they intend. It may include:
- Going to your physical therapy and/or chiropractic sessions
- Regularly following up with your doctor
- Taking your medications
- Practicing exercises from physical therapy at home
Once you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI), your doctor will release you, and you may carry on as you did prior to the accident. However, if you stop treatment against their advice, you may face various setbacks.
If the insurer finds out, they may blame you for exacerbating your injuries. As a result, they may not agree to reimburse you for the full extent of your medical bills and other damages.
Writing Down How the Truck Accident Has Affected Your Life
No one can speak to how the truck accident has impacted your quality of life as well as you can. We encourage you to start a daily journal that notes:
- Your levels of pain
- Your mental state and mood
- Your physical limitations
- What you do for treatment at home
- If your relationships have changed
We can use this evidence when we file your case.
Our Truck Accident Team Stands Up to the Insurance Companies and Other Lawyers
After an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, the defendant’s insurance company or lawyer may try to deny responsibility for your injuries and expenses. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is familiar with these tactics and will not back down from getting you the recovery you deserve.
Protect your rights with legal representation from an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Brookshire. For a case evaluation, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Should You Expect in a Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident?
- How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident In Dallas?
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?