A drunk driving accident can be frustrating and terrifying. Fortunately, you can and should hold the driver liable for your injuries. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer can relieve you of the burden of seeking potential recovery from the other driver. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will protect your rights and handle communication with the insurance adjuster so you can focus on your recovery.
Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation and find out how we can help you.
Why You Should Contact an Attorney Right Away
Your first action after being injured by a drunk driver is to get medical care. Even if you think you are fine, please have a healthcare professional examine you. It is common for some injuries, such as whiplash, to have delayed symptoms due to the shock and adrenaline after an accident.
When you are able, please call our firm. A drunk driving accident and injury lawyer can:
- Begin building a strong claim to show the liability of the drunk driver.
- Secure documentation and evidence of proper evaluation of your damages.
- Get a prognosis and other medical information from your doctor (with your permission).
- Talk to witnesses before memories fade.
- Review police and accident reports.
- Take photos of the accident scene, debris, and your damaged vehicle.
Speak with a Lawyer Before an Insurance Adjuster
Do not speak with any insurance adjuster (even a representative from your auto insurance company) before speaking with an attorney. If you must report the accident to your insurance carrier, please limit your answers to the following information:
- Confirm your name and other occupants of your car
- The make, model, and year of your vehicle
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- The name of the other driver’s insurance company
You do not have to answer any other questions without speaking with your lawyer. Politely decline to answer and give them the name and phone number of your drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX. It is also your right to answer questions with a written statement instead of a verbal response. We can help you prepare the statement.
A drunk driving accident and injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX is ready to help you get started on your claim. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Lawyer Proves Liability in a Drunk Driving Accident
It can be difficult to determine who is responsible for a motor vehicle accident. In cases that involve a drunk driver, this is often a more straightforward process.
However, it is possible that the other driver or the insurance adjuster will try to deny some or all of the responsibility for the accident. That is why you should have a lawyer who will show liability to seek the recovery you may be entitled to receive.
The process for showing liability includes:
- Establishing that the other driver owed you a duty of care to be a safe and legal driver
- Proving that the driver breached this duty of care by driving while intoxicated
- Demonstrating that you are injured and suffering from physical, mental, and financial damages
Seeking Financial Recovery After a Drunk Driving Accident
Injuries from drunk driving accidents can cost victims tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills. Some victims need lifelong care if they suffer a traumatic brain injury or other catastrophic harm.
We believe that a drunk driver who caused you bodily injury should be held accountable. That is why a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will aggressively pursue financial recovery that may include:
- Medical expenses including hospital stays, specialists, surgery, prescriptions, and follow-up care
- Lifecare costs if you need help with daily activities because of the accident
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability and/or paralysis
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Determining the Value of General Damages
Please keep all copies of your medical bills, car repairs, and other accident-related expenses. Your lawyer will use these for the special damages you incur. Special damages are specific expenses like a bill for an ambulance ride.
General damages are less tangible but can be a major part of the financial recovery your lawyer will request. General damages are things like pain and suffering, or loss of consortium. A lawyer who has handled similar personal injury cases will determine a proper value for these losses. A drunk driving accident and injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to start working on your case. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Handle Many Kinds of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Since 2002, our personal injury firm has helped many clients who were injured or disabled because of someone’s negligence.
In addition to injuries from drunk driving accidents, our lawyers also accept:
- Hit and run accidents
- Truck, bus, motorcycle, moped, bicycle, and scooter collisions
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective parts or repairs
- Head-on, rear-end, or sideswipe accidents
- Uninsured or underinsured driving accident
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC also helps clients who are the victims of workplace injuries, nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, and sexual assault. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
Call for a Free Case Evaluation
You may be entitled to financial recovery if a drunk driver injured you. Do not delay because Texas statutes allow only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please contact our firm today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- Are Trucking Companies Required By Texas Law To Have Full Coverage Insurance?
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident In An Uber In Texas?