Motor vehicle accidents involving commercial vehicles are all too common on our highways and streets. These accidents can have severe, life-threatening consequences. If you were recently injured in this type of collision, or if a loved one was injured or passed away from a commercial vehicle accident, it might be time to call an attorney.
Texas has complex liability and negligence laws, and cases involving a commercial, business, or industrial vehicle can add to this complexity. That is why you may want to call the office of a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Bryan, TX, as soon as possible.
You can schedule a free case evaluation with a member of our team, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, at (713) 850-8600 today.
We Can Help After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
A commercial vehicle is any car or truck used solely for commercial or business use. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were more than 37,500 accidents involving commercial vehicles statewide in 2018.
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, may be able to help you recover damages for commercial vehicle accidents involving:
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Utility trucks
- Tow trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Town cars
- Fleet cars
You do not have to go through the aftermath of an accident alone. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Bryan, TX, can protect your rights and pursue financial recovery on your behalf.
We Can Help You Pursue Damages
Texas has specific requirements in personal injury lawsuits that require you, as the plaintiff, to show proof of liability, injury, and damages.
Many people find that gathering the necessary information for these requirements is a difficult process, particularly if they are still suffering from accident-related injuries.
The good news is that you do not have to take this journey alone. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, can help you pursue damages with a process that may include:
- Gather evidence, documentation, and testimony to show how the other party is liable.
- Assess the extent of your injuries and how they may affect you at present and in the future.
- Identify all liable parties.
- Evaluate your economic and emotional (noneconomic) damages.
- Communicate and negotiate with liable parties on your behalf.
- Prepare a case for court if it is clear that negotiations are stalled.
We invite you to contact our office today for a free case evaluation.
How We Determine Liability in a Commercial Vehicle Accident
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Bryan, TX, understands what is required in a personal injury case. Certain conditions must be backed up by evidence, testimony, or documentation, including:
- Establishing that the other party owed you a duty to care to take reasonable measures to prevent you from harm.
- Demonstrating how the other party failed to uphold this duty of care (for example, texting while driving).
- Showing how this breach of duty caused your injuries.
- Proving that your injuries have left you with damages, such as medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, will use our in-depth knowledge, staff, and resources to help you seek to recover damages.
Types of Liability
There are different types of liability in a commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Direct liability, which involves parties responsible for causing the accident and your injuries.
- Vicarious liability, parties who share the responsibility for your injuries through a recognized relationship, such as an employer.
Evidence Used to Show Liability
Today’s commercial vehicles often carry sophisticated digital information systems. A lawyer with our firm may request this information to help show liability against the other party. For example, a commercial vehicle may have an indicator to show that the driver was speeding despite what he or she may say to the contrary.
Other evidence that can be collected in a commercial vehicle accident case includes:
- Police and accident reports
- Eyewitness reports
- Photos, videos, and other pictorial evidence of the accident scene, your damaged vehicle, debris, and more
- Results from blood-alcohol concentration or drug tests if the other driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Suggested Steps After the Accident
Since 2002, our lawyers have helped injured people recover damages in settlements and verdicts. We would be happy to help you and your loved ones.
We suggest you take the following steps after an accident involving a commercial vehicle:
- Limit the information you share with the insurance company to your name, address, make and model of your car, and other objective data.
- Decline to make a statement until you have the opportunity to speak with a commercial vehicle accident lawyer.
- Follow your health care providers’ instructions regarding rest, prescription medicine, physical therapy, and other follow-up treatment.
- Refrain from posting about the accident on social media.
You do not want to jeopardize your claim or case in any way. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, will work on your behalf to recover damages and justice from the liable party. Call us today at (713) 850-8600 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Compensatory Damages That Could Be Recovered
Depending on your injuries, your damages might include:
- Past and future medical treatment
- Lost pay for the time that you are recuperating
- Diminished earning ability
- Property damage
- Other accident-related expenses
- Disability (either temporary or permanent)
- Life-care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Our legal team valuates your damages. You should not have to suffer twice for injuries that were not your fault.
If you are considering filing a claim or a lawsuit, you might want to act as soon as possible. Insurance companies may view any delay as an excuse to deny or question the validity of your claim. If you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit, you have just two years from the date of injury to do so, according to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
We will make sure you file your action on time and not miss this important deadline.
Call a Commercial Accident Lawyer Today
A commercial accident lawyer serving Bryan, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, can stand by you and help you pursue financial recovery.
Please call (713) 850-8600 to schedule a free case evaluation today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- Is Pain and Suffering Separate from Medical Bills?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- How Do You Know If You Have a Good Personal Injury Case?