Healing from a truck collision involves more than just regaining your health. Dealing with trucking companies and insurance, finding ways to pay your bills, and adjusting to long-term injuries can all be a part of your experience. Get a partner who will stand up for you. Our truck accident lawyers serve victims in Bryan by cutting out the hassle while you heal.
What Can I Recover Financially After a Truck Accident?
Your financial recovery should include these categories of expenses and losses:
- Past and future medical care
- Income losses
- Pain and suffering
For instance, medical care could include payment for out-of-pocket expenses, psychological counseling, and even alternative care like acupuncture.
Likewise, the wages you missed from a 9-to-5 while healing can be covered, as well as lost revenue from your online side business or occasional gig as a rideshare driver. We can go over your revenue streams to identify areas for financial recovery.
Finally, pain and suffering are just one of several forms of recovery that address the intangible but significant consequences of your accident. Mental anguish and emotional distress could be included.
Lifestyle Changes Can Be Covered
As underlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the size difference between trucks and other vehicles increases the risk of injuries. Those injuries could be life-changing. Recognition of those changes can be provided by specific forms of financial recovery, such as for:
- Medical equipment
- Home and car modifications
- Occupational therapy
- Job retraining
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of hobbies
- Diminished quality of life
Your injury may have temporarily or permanently changed your ability to do your job or pursue your interests. Finding alternative employment and acknowledging your changed ability to earn can be considered in addition to your lost wages. Likewise, financial recovery can recognize you are being deprived of former hobbies.
Other Losses That Can Be Considered
The size difference between vehicles and large trucks also sadly causes fatalities. In fact, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that 97 percent of fatalities in accidents involving a truck and a passenger vehicle were passenger vehicle occupants.
Wrongful death claims or lawsuits can help families with financial recovery not only for bills and funeral expenses, but also for income, guidance, and emotional support your loved one would have provided.
You may have suffered other losses. Even if your Bryan truck accident scenario was unusual, tell our attorneys about how it has affected you and we can explore what you could receive.
What Should I Know About Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Keep in mind that this is a relationship that you could have for months or even years while the firm works on your case. When you partner with D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ, you gain a team willing to stick with your case as long as necessary, even in court.
Yet even before that, we can:
- Investigate your accident, compile evidence, and identify liable parties
- Help you talk to insurance adjusters and file a claim
- Advise you on what to say (and not say) when dealing with adjusters
- Explain legal terms, settlement offers, and lawsuit filings
- Help you access medical treatment and set up appointments
- Negotiate settlement terms with insurance and trucking companies
We make ample use of the typical two-year statute of limitations provided for injury victims by Texas law. During that time, we work to settle your case out of court. However, we are willing to fight for you at trial if that’s what it takes.
Don’t Let Financial Woes Keep You from Getting Help
We understand that this is a tough time for you financially. We don’t want your fears to dissuade you from seeking counsel. In fact, if you are worried about money, we want to know about it! Plus, we promise:
- You receive a free case evaluation
- We remain accessible 24/7
- You don’t have to come to our office for a meeting
- We offer Facebook live streams to answer questions
- You receive prompt answers from our team
Learn More from Our Past Clients
D Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ was formed in 2002 and our lawyers have served many truck accident victims in Bryan and the surrounding areas since then. In serving the Lone Star state, our clients have provided testimonials of our work:
- “The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step, and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” – Shelley Flynt Bradley
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel Lieberg
However, you don’t have to take their word for it. We welcome your questions during your case evaluation!
Who Can Be Held Accountable for My Truck Collision in Bryan?
More than one party may be involved in your case. Large trucks are often owned and operated by trucking companies, capable of being held responsible for their employees’ actions. Other contributing factors in your accident could also point to additional liable parties.
We can investigate if any of the following played a role:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Maintenance shops
- Auto manufacturers
- Cargo loading crew
- Government entity
- Other drivers
- Construction crews
Who is held responsible will depend on the type of careless act that led to the accident.
Negligence in Truck Accident Cases
Any action or inaction that causes preventable harm could be considered negligence and form the basis of your case. However, some common types of negligence are:
- Drowsy driving
- Violating hours of service
- Driving under the influence
- Failure to check blind spots
- Following too closely
- Improper cargo loading
- Product defects
- Poor road maintenance
We can connect negligence with the negligent party. For instance, poor road maintenance could leave the city of Bryan responsible. Problems with the truck itself could indicate a lack of repairs or faulty equipment. We investigate all options.
How do I Take Advantage of the Free Truck Accident Case Evaluation?
Get in touch with our office today to learn more about how our truck accident lawyers can handle your Bryan case. Don’t worry if your injuries prevent travel—we come to you if you can’t come to us for a meeting!
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- Is Pain and Suffering Separate from Medical Bills?
- Who Can Be Liable for a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What Does the UCLA Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover, What Are the Specifics?