If you or a loved one was recently involved in a truck accident, you might be able to recover damages from the liable party. You should know that some insurance carriers make it difficult for you to recover damages that you may deserve.
A truck accident lawyer serving Carrollton, TX, can help you understand and exert your legal rights. You only have a limited amount of time to seek legal action, though, so it is best to contact a law firm that accepts truck accidents as soon as possible.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
What Most People Do Not Know About Truck Accident Lawyers
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless people recover damages from truck accidents and other personal injuries. We understand that any kind of accident that causes you or a family member to suffer is a traumatic event.
In our experience, many people are not aware of the benefits and services that a truck accident lawyer with our firm can offer. Please consider the following:
- Our truck accident lawyers have a deep understanding of Texas liability and negligence laws that helps you fully exercise your legal rights.
- We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation that allows you to make an informed decision about your next step.
- We help you on a contingency basis only.
- Our law firm can distribute the necessary resources and staff to get to work on your case right away.
- We can take care of all the necessary details involved with filing an insurance claim so you can focus on feeling better.
- We are often able to help you recover damages without going to trial.
- If for some reason your case goes to trial, we will prepare a solid and compelling case to take before a judge or jury
There is no risk when you call for a free case evaluation. If traveling to our office is difficult for you, a member of our team will meet with you at a convenient location.
For a truck accident lawyer serving Carrollton, TX, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
You Deserve to Rest and Recover Without Stress
When you are involved in a truck accident, you may hear from the truck company or their insurance adjuster soon. If you have never dealt with an insurance company after a motor vehicle accident, you should know that some are reluctant to pay on legitimate claims.
Commercial truck companies must carry enough injury and liability insurance to protect them from legal action. A serious accident between a heavy truck and most other kinds of vehicles usually means extensive injuries.
Suggestions if You Must Speak to an Insurance Adjuster
We strongly recommend that you put off talking to the insurance adjuster until you have the chance to consult with a truck accident lawyer serving Carrollton, TX. If you are in the hospital or recovering from your injuries at home, the last thing you need is the added stress and frustration of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
After an accident, you have the right to:
- Hire an attorney to represent you (including written, verbal, and personal communication)
- Defer making a statement to the insurance adjuster until you have an attorney
- Make a statement to the insurance company in writing
Limit what you tell an insurance adjuster to the minimum information possible, such as:
- Your insurance carrier and policy number
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- The year, make, and model of your vehicle
A truck accident lawyer serving Carrollton, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will be your strong legal advocate. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How We Determine Liability to Help You Recover Damages
Even if you are severely injured after the accident and cannot remember the details, our legal team will secure the evidence necessary to show liability. Many commercial trucks have on-board computers that might show the driver’s actions (or lack of actions) at the time of the collision.
Other evidence that can be gathered includes:
- Photos of the accident scene with skid marks, debris, and vehicle damage
- Police or accident reports
- Witness statements
Your medical provider can help us understand the extent and severity of your injuries. This is important because we want to assess the correct value for your damages.
Duty of Care and How It Can Be Breached
Every licensed driver in Texas owes a duty of care to other motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and anyone who shares the road. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will show that the truck driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable action in avoiding the collision.
If we have evidence to show that this duty of care was breached in some way, we have a compelling case to pursue financial recovery.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving too fast for weather, road, and traffic conditions
- Running a red light or other traffic sign
We can also help if a defective part or repair caused your accident.
Damages You Might Recover
Your truck accident lawyer serving Carrollton, TX, will evaluate your injuries and losses to seek recovery for damages that could include:
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can also help you recover damages for wrongful death if a loved one passed away from accident-related injuries.
Call a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Carrollton Today
You have two years from the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas law. Please do not delay and lose your right to legal action. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can protect your rights and help you pursue recovery.
Call for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?