If you or a loved one was injured by another party’s negligence, a truck accident lawyer serving Cedar Park wants to advocate for you. Financial recovery could account for your medical bills and other losses.
You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s actions. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can pursue what you need by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. We will do everything in our power to recover the funds you need to move on with your life.
Possible Recoverable Damages in Your Truck Accident Case
Recoverable damages fall into two broad categories: non-economic and economic. It is important to understand these terms and how they affect your recovery. Below is a brief explanation, and our team can provide more information if you decide to retain our services.
About Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages refer to your physical and psychological challenges. They are sometimes difficult to prove, as these challenges are subjective. Still, you can pursue them.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering accounts for the overall anguish you suffered as a result of getting hurt.
- Diminished quality of life: Your injuries may prevent you from living the life you did before the accident. If so, you can pursue damages for your lost quality of life.
- Disability: Both physical and intellectual disabilities can have a big impact on your life. You can pursue any loss of ability stemming from the accident.
- Loss of consortium: If your injury has affected your relationship with your spouse, you could seek recovery for that hardship.
Other examples of recoverable non-economic damages include scarring, disfigurement, and mental anguish.
About Economic Damages
Economic damages account for the direct financial losses your accident caused. Our team will use your medical bills, employment records, and testimony from economists to determine what you’re owed.
Examples of economic damages include:
- Lost wages: Your ability to earn a regular paycheck was disrupted by your injuries or the medical treatments associated with them.
- Loss of earning capacity: You have permanent injuries that will continue to affect your career over the long term.
- Medical costs: Your injuries are serious enough that you sought professional help. If they are particularly severe, you may continue to require medical help for years to come, or even for the rest of your life.
- Property damage costs: If a truck hit your car, it may need expensive repairs. The truck could have even totaled your car, affecting how you get to and from work.
Economic damages may be easier to prove, but they are as equally important as non-economic damages. A truck accident attorney from our team can fight for what you need and deserve.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Fight for You
Pursuing financial recovery is harder than it seems. It’s more than filing a claim or lawsuit; it involves gathering evidence, asserting the cost of your damages, and much more. Without legal help, you may find yourself dealing with:
- Insurance companies that are reluctant to pay a fair amount
- Involved parties who do not readily admit their roles in the accident
- Complications with understanding state law
- Allegations that you caused the accident
- Arguments that your injuries aren’t as serious as you claim
- Inadequate evidence to support your case
You don’t have to manage an injury case on your own. Our goal is to recover your damages and make the claims process as stress-free as possible. You can trust your lawyer serving Cedar Park to:
- Explain your legal options’ pros and cons
- Try to prove negligence by taking statements from relevant parties, visiting the accident scene, and collecting documentary evidence
- File all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
- Abide by the statute of limitations, as illustrated by Texas law
- Negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company to resolve your case
- Prepare your case for trial and present it in the courtroom
We strive to be as responsive and accessible as possible. We even host Facebook livestreams to answer our clients’ questions.
We Take Both Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
Our team not only helps those who have sustained personal injuries; we also lend a helping hand to grieving families. We handle wrongful death cases with the compassion and attention to detail they deserve.
If you recently suffered such a loss, we wish to express our condolences and let you know that we are here to help. You and your loved one deserve justice. We want to grant you the peace of mind knowing that we’re managing your legal matters.
How Common Are Truck Accidents?
- There were more than 400 collisions in Travis and Williamson counties.
- Of these collisions, more than 50 people lost their lives.
- There were more than 50 “suspected serious injuries” because of these accidents.
This information illustrates the severity and frequency of these collisions throughout Texas.
We Advocate for People Facing These Situations
Right now, you may ask yourself: “Do I really need legal aid?” If you suffered a truck accident in Cedar Park, you may retain our help if:
- The insurance company refuses to offer what you need.
- You’re not sure who (or what) caused your collision.
- You don’t want to navigate the claims process alone.
- You want to recover damages for your past, present, and future injury-related losses.
Your lawyer will manage everything your case requires. You don’t have to worry about navigating the claims process without help.
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation with Our Injury Lawyers Serving Cedar Park
Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help if you or a loved one suffered harm in a truck accident. You can get a free case evaluation by calling today. During our conversation, we can discuss your accident, injuries, and how we can support you.