Do you have the right to pursue a recovery if you were hit by a city bus? What about the rights of your children if they are involved in a school bus accident?
If you or a loved one were involved in a bus accident, you have the legal right to seek a recovery with an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. A bus accident lawyer in Channelview can help you. To schedule a free case evaluation with a bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
Bus Accident Injuries Can Be Devasting and Costly
Bus accidents are more likely to result in severe injuries. Buses are heavy vehicles that typically send accident victims to the emergency room (ER). According to a 2016 report from CNN, the average emergency room visit costs nearly $2,000. These costs can quickly escalate if you have serious injuries. You must pay this bill if the ER was out of your insurance network or you do not have health insurance.
If you have a bill from the emergency room or other medical expenses, you could seek a recovery from the responsible party. A bus accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can tell you if you qualify for recovery for damages like:
- Ambulance and ER costs
- Other medical bills
- Lost pay
- Property and vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and/or disfigurement
- Mental anguish
You Have a Limited Time to Seek A Recovery
Texas statutes limit personal injury lawsuits to two years from the date of the accident. This may seem like enough time, but you should know that some lawsuits are the result of failed insurance settlement negotiations.
As bus accident lawyers in Channelview, TX, we know that the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster wants to settle as cheaply as possible. Some insurance companies will try to delay payment or offer a lowball settlement with the hope that you will accept. We believe this is wrong. A bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will protect your rights and pursue a recovery from the liable party.
Please do not let time run out on your potential recovery. Call (713) 850-8600 to schedule your free case evaluation.
Bus Accidents Occur With Alarming Frequency
There were 537,000 accidents involving a bus or large truck in 2016, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Sadly, there will be more accidents as Channelview, and the Houston metropolitan area keeps growing.
You have the right to pursue a recovery for your bus accident injuries. A bus accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can help you recover the recovery you could receive. In some cases, a bus accident lawyer will seek a recovery from both the driver and the bus company.
Benefits of a Bus Accident Lawyer in Channelview
Here are some reasons to consider hiring a bus accident lawyer:
- Experience and knowledge of Texas liability laws and statutes
- Skilled negotiator and trial lawyer
- Pursues potential recovery while you focus on feeling better
- Holds a reckless or dangerous bus driver accountable
- Works on a contingency basis
A bus accident lawyer in Channelview can determine if you qualify for a recovery and that the other party is liable.
The procedure in proving liability includes:
- Determine if the driver had a duty of care to avoid the accident through prudent and reasonable measures.
- Establish that as a licensed bus operator, the driver did have a duty of care but breached it for some reason (for example, running a stop sign).
- Show that this breach of duty caused the accident and bodily injury.
- Prove damages because of these injuries (for example, doctor bills or mental anguish).
There are several steps in recovering potential recovery for you and your loved ones. The first step is to call a bus accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Pursue A Recovery from All Those Responsible
Bus drivers have a responsibility to obey the rules of the road. Bus companies have a responsibility to make sure that their drivers are well-trained and equipped to handle such a massive vehicle. Depending on the circumstances of your bus accident, a bus accident lawyer in Channelview could pursue a recovery from the driver and the company.
A bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts various kinds of bus accidents, including those that involve:
- City bus
- Chartered bus or motor coach
- School bus
- Intrastate bus
- Private bus (for example, church bus)
To schedule your free consultation with a bus accident lawyer in Channelview, please click here.
When a Bus Accident Takes the Life of a Loved One
In 2016, there were 4,079 fatal bus or large truck accidents, including the loss of eight lives when a chartered bus rolled over in Laredo, Texas. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped and continues to help surviving family members who have suffered the loss of a loved one in a bus accident.
We cannot erase this tragedy. We can pursue a recovery from the responsible party. A bus accident lawyer in Channelview can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on your behalf. It is important to document the actual and estimated losses, including:
- Lost income had your loved one lived a normal life expectancy
- Lost benefits, inheritance, annuities, stock, and other financial assets
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, and guidance
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering
Let Us Help
For a free case evaluation with a bus accident lawyer in Channelview, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Know If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Medical Device?
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- I Was Injured In An Accident With An 18-wheeler – Can I Sue?
- Is Pain and Suffering Separate from Medical Bills?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?