Uber and Lyft have revolutionized ride-sharing. They are an affordable way for people to get in and around Channelview. What happens if you are in an accident that involves an Uber or Lyft vehicle? Do you have to pay medical bills on your own, or can the ride-sharing driver and company be held accountable?
An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can answer these questions for you. It is possible that you could receive financial recovery for expenses such as medical bills and car repairs. To find out if you qualify, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Please call 713-850-8600.
An Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Channelview Will Seek Recovery for You
An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can determine if you qualify for financial recovery for your injuries and damages. First, please get medical care if you have not already. Even if you think you are not seriously injured, only a healthcare professional can accurately assess your well-being. If you are in the hospital or at home, please follow your doctor or provider’s recommendations.
An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate your injuries, expected prognosis, and the circumstances of the accident. There are a few considerations when proving who is to blame for an accident:
- Establish that the driver had a duty of care to obey traffic laws and take reasonable measures to avoid a collision.
- Demonstrate that the driver breached this duty of care for some reason (for example, running a red light) and caused the accident.
- Show that you are injured and have accrued damages in the form of medical expenses, lost pay, mental anguish, and more.
Texas liability laws can be challenging for most people. You also should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Channelview will protect your rights and pursue available recovery. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Select a Lawyer Who Accepts Uber and Lyft Accidents
Not all law firms accept Uber and Lyft accident cases, or they may limit who they represent in such cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you seek recovery if you were injured in a ride-sharing accident as a:
- Uber or Lyft driver
- Motorcyclist, bicyclist, or moped rider
We also help drivers who were injured in an UberEats accident. If you were hurt while “on the app” as an UberEats driver, you could be eligible for financial recovery for medical bills and property damage.
Seeking Financial Recovery After an Uber or Lyft Accident
If you or a loved one were injured in a ride-sharing accident, you may be entitled to recover compensatory damages from the liable party or parties. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek recovery for you if you qualify. This allows you to focus on resting and recuperating.
Uber and Lyft Must Carry Insurance for Accident Victims
Companies like Uber and Lyft must carry $1 million injury insurance. This insurance coverage begins at the time the driver accepts your ride request until the driver completes the transaction on the app or the ride is complete, whichever comes last.
It is likely that you qualify for financial recovery from this insurance if you were injured as an Uber or Lyft passenger. If you were not a passenger, or the Uber or Lyft driver was not “on the app,” you would seek recovery from the driver’s personal automobile insurance. To find out if you qualify, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
What Kind of Recovery You Receive Depends on Certain Factors
If you qualify for financial recovery, your Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will send a detailed claim to the insurance company. This claim will request recovery for compensatory damages.
There are two kinds of compensatory damages: special and general. Special damages are expenses such as medical bills. General damages are less tangible but legitimate losses such as pain and suffering. There is no predetermined amount of financial recovery as it varies on per claim basis.
In general, most Uber and Lyft accident claims seek recovery for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost pay
- Property damage such as car repair or private property replacement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
We understand that you may be in pain and are frustrated or angry. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue financial recovery for you on a contingency basis. If you have questions or would like a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Let Us Seek Recovery for You
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless injured clients recover compensatory damages. We suggest the following actions as we pursue recovery for you:
- Take pictures of your injuries and property damages.
- Write a detailed account of what happened before, during, and after the accident.
- Keep accident-related bills, receipts, credit card charges, and canceled checks.
- Avoid discussing the accident on social media as the insurance company could potentially use these comments against you.
An Uber and Lyft accident in Channelview can help you seek financial recovery. Please do not wait, since you have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Texas. Please call our law firm at 713-850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- The Woodlands Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?