Accidents involving an 18-wheeler or semi truck do not just happen without a reason. Often, these collisions could have been prevented if the liable party took proper measures to avoid them.
If you have questions about a recent 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, please call a law firm with an understanding of these cases. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Clute at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages such as medical expenses and pain and suffering.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
How an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Clute Can Help You
You deserve to have a strong legal advocate by your side to help you pursue financial recovery from all liable parties.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to help you after an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident with services that include:
- Free case evaluation
- Compiling necessary evidence to show liability
- Assessing your damages for a correct valuation
- Filing and managing your insurance claim
- Negotiating for the best outcome
- Representing you at trial if necessary
To learn how our attorneys can help you and your family, call (713) 850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Injuries From an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident
An accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi truck is one of the worst types of collisions because of the sheer weight and size of these vehicles. You could be recovering from injuries such as:
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
You might not be able to return to work for several weeks or months, depending on the severity of your injuries. If you do not have long-term disability insurance or other kinds of benefits, you could be faced with serious financial trouble. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue recovery with an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit.
Insurance Companies Can Be Difficult
Perhaps you have tried to recover damages on your own through the defendant’s insurance carrier. In our experience, some insurance companies look for loopholes or excuses to deny, delay, or undervalue your claim.
You should know that once you settle with an insurance company, you will not be allowed to seek additional damages. That is why you should ask a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for assistance in getting the recovery you deserve.
Our lawyers will negotiate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf. If your case cannot be settled, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, per Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. We are here to help you. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Help You Recover Damages
You should not have to suffer twice from an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident. Our legal team will work hard to hold the liable parties accountable.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you to seek financial recovery for losses such as:
- Medical treatment, including emergency care services, hospitalization, medical tests, and follow-up care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earnings if your injuries prevent you from returning to your job
- Property damage, including car rental, repair, or replacement, if necessary
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Wrongful Death and Survivorship Claims
Please accept our sympathies if you lost a family member in an accident. Our lawyers can help you hold the liable parties accountable for damages such as lost lifetime income, loss of consortium, and final expenses.
We Determine Liability to Help You Seek Recovery
Under Texas law, certain factors must be present before you may seek financial recovery. However, few people are comfortable maneuvering this process on their own. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will identify all liable parties and prove that:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to take sufficient measures that would have prevented the accident and your injuries.
- The defendant breached this duty either through intent or careless behavior.
- This negligence caused you to be injured.
- You now have damages such as doctor’s bills, car repairs, and pain and suffering.
Let us help you get the resolution and recovery you deserve. Call our firm today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
What You May Expect as a Valued Client
We understand that you are injured and anxious about your future. It is our goal to help you through this process with a minimum amount of stress. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take care of the many details so that you can rest and focus on feeling better.
Our legal and professional team will investigate the details of your case so that we may have a correct assessment of your injuries and losses. This investigation includes:
- Obtaining police reports and witness statements
- Viewing photos of the accident scene, including skid marks, debris, and damaged vehicles
- Securing the expert opinion of your medical provider about your injuries and your prognosis
You will have a lawyer, not an associate, assigned to your case. You will receive regular updates and will be empowered to make informed decisions.
Accidents Can Happen When Drivers Are Careless
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), truck drivers and trucking companies must comply with specific guidelines for daily operations, such as:
- Mandatory rest and breaks within a 24-hour period
- Alcohol and drug testing with zero tolerance
- Maintain proper cargo weight limits
- Adequate driver training
- Conduct regular maintenance that includes tire inspection to avoid blowouts
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident attorney serving Clute will review these federal regulations and hold all liable parties accountable for any violations.
Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Lawyer Serving Clute
If you or a family member was injured in a truck accident, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 today for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is Liable in a Multi-Car Accident?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?