Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can result in permanent physical and cognitive impairments. Often a traumatic brain injury victim must relearn the basics of daily life, including how to talk and walk.
If you or a family member suffered a traumatic brain injury, you could be entitled to financial recovery of damages for medical care, lost wages, and other losses.
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to answer your questions. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Conroe.
How a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Assists You
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Conroe can take care of you. We will help you by:
- Securing evidence of negligence that resulted in your injury and damages
- Identifying all liable parties and proving fault with this evidence
- Communicating with the defendant, insurance adjuster, or other liable parties so you may focus on healing and feeling better
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Representing you in court
It is our goal to help you recover. Here are a few action items to know, ahead of your free case evaluation:
- Bring all current medical bills and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Give us your written permission to speak on your behalf, including to your healthcare provider.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Be prepared to give a statement, if you are able, about what you remember from the incident.
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Conroe can meet with you at a convenient location. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC now for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Get Medical Care and Then Call Us
If you did not seek immediate medical care after your injury, you should schedule an appointment or head to the emergency room immediately.
Here are the usual symptoms of a concussion according to the Mayo Clinic:
- Intense headache or a feeling of pressure in the head
- Temporary loss of consciousness, even for a few seconds
- Difficulty in remembering being hit in the head
- Feeling dizzy or “out of it”
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Nausea that may lead to repeated vomiting
- Slurred speech or other speech distortion, such as searching for words
- Delayed answers to simple questions
- Dilated pupil in one or both eyes
A medical provider can diagnose a concussion through testing, such as an MRI or CT scan. Someone with a suspected concussion may be kept briefly in the hospital for observation but usually recovers at home for several weeks.
The most frequent common causes of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Falls or falling objects
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Acts of violence such as assault or gunshots
- Sports accidents
- Medical malpractice
We Will Identify Who Is Responsible
A traumatic brain injury lawyer will prove liability by showing that the defendant did not take the proper precautions or prevent you from being hurt. Examples of this include:
- A drunk driver who lost control of the vehicle and struck your car.
- An improperly secured item in a store that falls on your head.
- A drowsy truck driver who swerves into the lane where you are riding your motorcycle and hits you.
In some cases, there may be more than one liable party. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Conroe with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will sort through the many complex details to get you the financial recovery you deserve. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn more with a free case evaluation.
You Could Recover These Types of Damages
One of the most important aspects of a traumatic brain injury case is determining the total value of your damages. Some victims require life long care. This can lead to significant medical bills and other expenses that may span over several years or decades.
A traumatic brain injury lawyer can accurately assess your injuries and losses and seek proper recovery. The damages that you might be able to recover in your case could include:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Current and future medical expenses
- Ongoing therapy, rehabilitation, and treatment
- Lifecare costs
- Lost salary
- Reduced earning ability due to injury
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
You deserve to have a strong legal advocate by your side after a traumatic brain injury. We are here to help you with a free case evaluation and contingency-based services.
We Seek Recovery, so You May Focus on Feeling Better
You might be able to recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and mental anguish from the liable party. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Conroe with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can start on your case right away. Call at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Your Legal Options After a Bus Accident In Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?