Commercial vehicles range from fleet cars to 18-wheelers and semi trucks. The drivers of these vehicles are supposed to take reasonable measures to prevent you from being injured.
You might be entitled to damages from a commercial vehicle accident that was not your fault. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Conroe might be able to help you recover damages negotiations with insurance companies or a personal injury lawsuit.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation with a member of our firm at (713) 850-8600.
What a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Can Do for You
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped people recover damages for their injuries and disabilities. We know that you did not choose to be hurt in an accident and that you may feel angry and frustrated.
An attorney can:
- Objectively assess your injuries and damages.
- Collect evidence, documentation, and testimony to show liability.
- Identify all liable parties.
- Gather your bills and expenses.
- Talk to your healthcare provider about the extent of your injuries and your expected recovery.
- Communicate and negotiate with all liable parties on your behalf to attempt to reach a fair settlement.
- If we cannot recover the compensation you are entitled to through negotiations, we can take your case to trial, if needed.
You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating from injuries at home or in the hospital. We can help you recover financially while you focus on recovering physically.
Types of Injuries Associated with a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Every year, about three million Americans are injured in some kind of motor vehicle accident, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
These injuries range from cuts and headaches to life-threatening medical events, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Spinal cord or back injuries that may lead to paralysis
- Broken or crushed bones
- Bone fractures
- Torn or sprained ligaments, muscles, or tendons
- Internal bleeding with potential for organ damage or loss
- Severe burns
If you are under a doctor’s care, we suggest that you follow all of their recommendations. If you have not been checked by a doctor because you do not have health insurance, our lawyers can help you recover these damages. Please see a doctor as soon as possible.
Not only will this ensure that you are healthy, but the medical records will help to prove that the accident caused your injuries.
Commercial Vehicle Accident Liability
Commercial vehicle companies and federal law require that drivers or operators take special training to be properly licensed. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Conroe can check the driver’s credentials, training, and driving history as part of the financial recovery process.
There are other factors that contribute to liability in a commercial vehicle accident, such as:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted driving (such as texting while driving)
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep at the wheel
- Improper maintenance
- Defective parts or repairs
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Improperly loaded or excessive cargo
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can investigate the cause of your accident and identify all liable parties.
Establishing Duty of Care
There are four legal conditions that must be proven in all personal injury cases:
- Duty of care
- Breach of care
Our lawyers can use the evidence we gather to show how the defendant owed you a duty of care and how that duty was breached. We draw a link between this negligence and your injuries. We will pursue damages caused by these injuries while you focus on resting and feeling better.
We Gather Evidence
Our lawyers understand how important this case is for you and your family. We know that you have suffered physical, emotional, and financial harm. We cannot guarantee the outcome of your case, but D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has recovered damages for other clients in similar situations to your own.
We gather evidence to build your case, including:
- Photos and videos of the accident scene, your damaged property, and your injuries.
- Expert testimony for insight into the cause of the accident.
- Police reports and witness statements.
- Review the defendant’s driving record, alcohol test results, and previous accidents or violations.
- Review the vehicle maintenance, safety, and inspection records.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer can protect your rights and guide you through the legal process for financial recovery.
Compensatory Damages for a Commercial Vehicle Accident
The type and amount of damages that you could recover depends on your injuries. Generally, the court or an insurance company gives more consideration for severe or extensive injuries.
A lawyer with our firm can thoroughly and objectively review injuries and damages to help you find the best possible resolution.
Some of these damages might include:
- Medical treatment including ambulance, hospitalization, surgery, and other care
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative care
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
We may consult with a vocational or financial expert if you have a complex case or long-term medical issues.
You Have a Limited Time to Act
There are a few reasons why we invite you to call our firm today, including:
- Physical evidence, such as skid marks, may erode over time.
- Witness recall fades with time.
The most pressing reason to call us today is that Texas law gives you a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. This means that you have two years from the date you were injured to take legal action if you choose to do so.
Many personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance negotiations. You deserve to have enough time to pursue all opportunities for potential recovery.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Conroe will stand up to the insurance company to help you recover damages from an accident that was not your fault. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation with a member of our team at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?