D.Miller & Associates, PLLC™ understands how devastating a life-altering injury can be. That’s why our catastrophic injury lawyers serving Corpus Christi advocate for injured people. We believe that if another party’s negligence caused your condition, you deserve reimbursement.
Our team would be happy and proud to fight by your side. We manage your legal matters while you devote more time following your doctor’s instructions, resting, and spending time with loved ones. We offer free case evaluations where you can explore your options.
We Advocate for People Who Have Suffered Harm in These Situations
We represent people who have suffered life-altering conditions due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability accidents (e.g., slips and falls)
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous or defective products
- On-the-job injuries
Even if you don’t see the cause of your catastrophic injury listed above, we’re still ready to pursue what you need.
What You Can Expect from Your Lawyer Serving Corpus Christi
We will do everything possible to recover what you need for your past, present, and future expenses. We’re ready to support you by:
- Investigating the accident: We will collect all available evidence proving your injuries’ severity and that the liable party is responsible for causing them.
- Relaying messages: With us on the case, you do not have to speak with the liable party or their insurance company. We will manage all case-related communications via phone, email, or text message.
- Seeking a settlement: We will identify the liable party and pursue what you need. We generally start injury cases by filing insurance claims. If filing a claim doesn’t yield favorable results, we may consider filing a lawsuit.
- Going to court: In cases where we cannot get a settlement, we can consider going to court. There, we would question witnesses, submit trial exhibits, and present oral arguments.
- Working with clients: Ultimately, this is your case. We make sure you have all the tools and information you need to make the decisions that work best for you.
If you want to learn more about the services we offer, know that we provide confidential case evaluations to all callers. It would take only a few minutes of your time to explain your situation and find out what your legal options are—all at no cost or obligation.
What Damages Are Available in a Catastrophic Injury Case?
Catastrophic injuries impact all areas of your life, including your:
Did you lose or spend money because of the accident? You could seek reimbursement for:
- Lost wages or benefits
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Other miscellaneous expenses
You relied on your good health to stay in touch with others and maintain good relationships. If your health has negatively impacted your relationships with friends or family members, you can pursue loss of consortium or loss of enjoyment of life.
Catastrophic injuries can affect your mobility, cognitive processing, and daily comfort levels. A claim or lawsuit could account for:
- Pain and suffering
- Physical disabilities
- Disfigurement or scarring
Some people may overlook the psychological impact of their injuries when it comes to calculating damages. However, mental harm can be just as devastating as physical injuries. Mental injuries may cause:
- Memory loss
- Intellectual disabilities
- Depression and anxiety
Catastrophic injuries may make it impossible for you to ever work again or in the same capacity. We’re ready to pursue the harm to your career and job aspirations, including:
- Loss of future earning capacity
- The loss of your job or employment opportunities
- Expenses associated with retraining or educating yourself for a new career
This is not an exhaustive list of recoverable damages in your Corpus Christi injury case. After we evaluate your situation, we can explain what losses you can seek through legal action.
Prompt Legal Action Benefits Your Case in Multiple Ways
Under Texas law, you generally have two years to file your injury lawsuit. The two-year period usually applies whether you personally suffered harm or lost a loved one. If you don’t file your case within this allotted period, you could lose the right to seek damages.
The statute of limitations isn’t the only reason to consider prompt legal action. The sooner you get in touch, the easier it may be for us to:
- Gather time-sensitive evidence, such as traffic camera footage
- Prevent the insurer from contesting your case
- Connect your injuries to your accident
A catastrophic injury lawyer from our office who serves Corpus Christi will manage each of your case’s deadlines. However, we must learn about your case before we can uphold your legal rights.
Frequently Asked Questions About Catastrophic Injury Cases in Corpus Christi
Right now, you may wonder:
What Constitutes a Catastrophic Injury?
Any condition that affects your quality of life (either in the short or long-term) constitutes a catastrophic injury. Examples include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- The loss of one or more limbs
- The loss of a sense, such as your hearing or vision
- Extensive burns
- Broken bones
This is not an exhaustive list. You still have legal options even if you don’t see your condition listed above.
How Much Can I Recover?
How much you can recover depends on your situation, including your estimated recovery period and injuries’ severity. We will review your medical bills, employment records, and other evidence to determine what you need.
What Do Previous Clients Have to Share About D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™?
After resolving their cases, previous clients have shared:
- Bianca R. “I’m so happy I hired D Miller and Associates. Nashira guided me through the entire medical process during my case. She helped calm my anxiety and the end result was GREAT! I will highly recommend this firm.”
- Matt W. “Pleasant conversations on multiple occasions with team members at D. Miller & Associates. Bria and Tina both provided strong guidance on expectations, kept me up to date with what was required of me and provided timelines so I wouldn’t be guessing. They were quick moving, attentive, and made my concerns their own.”
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Represent Claimants in Corpus Christi
D.Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped people in Corpus Christi and beyond seek fair recovery since 2002. To find out what a catastrophic injury lawyer from our firm can do for you, call us today for a free case evaluation. You are not alone in this fight; we want to be there for you from start to finish.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Pain And Suffering Include Medical Bills?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- What Are the Main Causes of Car Accidents?
- Are Employers Responsible for When Their Employees Cause Car Accidents?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?